Guys, check the NI site...

evildragon

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Reaktor deal is undoubtedly the best buy of the 4 from NI. Was $399, now $99.

Not everyone is into that type of thing though - even though there's over 3,000 pre-made ensembles ready to rock and roll.

It makes me wonder how far away Reaktor 6 is though. Usually a new version comes out shortly after blow-out pricing like this.

• Members

i'd have to say that anyone with even a passing interest in Reaktor would have to be nuts not to grab it at this price, even if only for the included Ensembles themselves. even if you have no interest in building your own stuff, the included Ensembles are fantastic and there's well over 2000 entries in the User Library alone. the community at the NI Reaktor Forums is very knowledgable and helpful, even to complete newbs. there's also a great number of tutorials/videos/etc available these days to help you to get right into programming.

do it. :thu:

• Members

ED,

You seem to know about virtual instruments. Which softie in the lot is *best* suited for New Age/Ambient type of sound?

I don't use softsynths because my audio PC is a living dinosaur. As a consequence, I never got to learn and use them. The learning curve will probably be a parabola:(

But I'm just asking that question because it's always good to know about things:)

• Members

Mediterranean, Absynth is probably made for you :) A great sample mangler with some amazing ambient sounds.

Don Solaris often liked to say that it's the only softsynth, besides Korg Wavestation KLCD, that he uses and thinks of them as complete as a full-fledged synthesisers in their own right, comparing them to JD-990.

Archived