What does Power Amp In mean?

gibsgstd1999

• Members

Originally posted by Giga

Are you sure about this? With my Peavey's, when I plug something in the fx send the amp keeps working normally. The breakercontact is in the fx-return.....

Giga.

No, I'm not sure about this. I am just speaking from experience of other amps, so it's possible that the C30 might break at the Return.

gibsgstd1999, you can try Giga's suggestion, then, and take the Preamp Out of the C30 and plug it into the Power Amp In of the Bandit. It won't hurt either amp if it doesn't work properly.

• Members
Originally posted by gibsgstd1999

Oh, so I'm screwed then, basically right? I want the sound of the Classic 30 coming out of both the Classic 30's internal speaker, and the speaker from the Bandit...and there's no line out on the classic...so it's basically impossible then?

Or can I use the FX in and outs on the bandit to do this?

I just don't want to have to buy an extension cab for the c30 if I don't have to, y'know?

You could use a "Y" out of the send on the loop and send the signal the the other amp as well as back into the effects return of the first amp. As for using the speaker only in the Bandit from your C30,sure,as long as it is a 16 ohm model.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

You could use a "Y" out of the send on the loop and send the signal the the other amp as well as back into the effects return of the first amp. As for using the speaker only in the Bandit from your C30,sure,as long as it is a 16 ohm model.

Great idea. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by MCon

But your Classic 30 will then no longer make any sound. The effects loop is a break in the signal path so if you do it that way the signal will not get back to the Classic 30's power section.

You have to try it. This is correct in some cases. Depends on the amps - My Makoplex could do it. I could use the fx send without breaking the signal path.

So, use the fx send on the C30 into the pwer amp in of the bandit. Otherwise, a stereo fx pedal (like a chorus, or a delay) will do you fine. You would run one of the outputs of the pedal back into the C30 (fx return), and the other into the pwr amp in of the bandit.

If there is a "Line Out" on the C30, you could run that into teh pwr amp in.

• Members

Originally posted by billybogner

You have to try it. This is correct in some cases. Depends on the amps - My Makoplex could do it. I could use the fx send without breaking the signal path.

Yeah, Giga pointed that out to me. I guess I was thinking of another amp I use to have that I tried it with that didn't work 'cause the break was on the Send.

• Members

Originally posted by billybogner

If there is a "Line Out" on the C30, you could run that into teh pwr amp in.

I really wish there was a line out on the C30, but besides the FX send, and the ext out, its kinda limited.

I'm gonna try both the FX send, and the Y cable, and see what works best.

I would do the stereo FX pedal, but the only pedal I have is my Bad Monkey, which has a mixer out, and an amp out, so I don't think that would work.

Thanks for all the input so far:thu:

Archived