AAS Lounge Lizard

ElectricPuppy

• Members

Hell, even I forgot what this was about. :lol: OH YEAH, Lounge Lizard. Yeah. Ummmm.... Dammit, I don't know. :cry: You know what, if I had a good controller, I'd probably do it, but I kind of want the whole package; Nice keys, nice sounds, etc, and it could even be portable if need be.

Sigh.

I better go warn the wife about a substantial purchase...

• Members

for just a small pile more money:

consider Pianoteq

You get the excellent pianos (and they really are very nice) and you can get the EP add-on for just a tiny pile more.

I've uploaded two demos: the basic Rhodes and (using the same MIDI) the basic Wurlitzer for your delight and delectation.
rhodes
wurly

There's only one risk: you may become a boring pianoteq fanboy like me.

• Members

Lounge Lizard's great, but if you're willing to go software, I think there's a few freebies out there that will get you in the ballpark - can't remember the exact names though.

But probably, in the long run, you'll end up with this - sooner or later. :lol:

korg-sv-1-stage-piano.jpg

• Members

Thanks for the clips, Doug. Those do sound nice. I'm listening to the Scarbee ones, too... Very nice.

Ultimately, though, I think I really do want a stand-alone so I can A) get better weighted keys than I have now, and B) so I can be portable when someone says, "hey, come on over and bring a keyboard."

thanks guys. :cool:

• Members

I'm sorry but that Pianoteq doesn't even sound like a Rhodes...

EP: for 5 bucks, is probably worth it: http://indiginus.com/files/ClassicEPdemo.mp3 (no hard hitting samples though)

Also, you can beat the price on this one (it's free, Rhodes only though, and it's a Soundfont): http://learjeff.net/sf/sf.html

I have both in my Fusion and I think they are very good - I love the sonic detail of the Indiginus Rhodes, and the bark on the Lear Jeff Rhodes is also exactly what I was looking for. I had to work quite a bit to get good patches out of the Lear Jeff though, but now that I do, I think they sound killer and have killed my Rhodes sample GAS.

So - could a Fusion 8HD be your solution? :D I'm kidding, I play my 6HD from my A-90 for pianos and EPs when recording and practicing. The 8HD would probably have too light an action for you, since you have a real piano.

• Members

I bought Lounge Lizard when it first came out and have upgraded it twice now (current version EP-3). I also have Mr. Ray (free) and Scarbee KGB.

I use Scarbee for the most beautiful Rhodes I think exists but it is sample based and I have to wait on Kontakt to load it up. I use LL as my go to Rhodes for laying down ideas. If it turns into a slow ballad I'll sometimes replace the LL track with the Scarbee or double it up for a cool trick. About 80% of the time I leave the Lounge Lizard track alone if that's any help.

If I were considering a controller and a VST player I'd use LL live in a minute. Mr. Ray is good but doesn't have the tweakability of LL.

• Members

I've been without a hammer action keyboard for far too long, now, unless you count the turdbox spinet in the living room, which I only have because it was the wife's grandmother's. It's a Kirkland! Ever hear of it? Me neither...

This one's been taunting me for a few days, but I just can't swing it right now.

EP, I think I'll be in SOCAL again this summer. If you want to pre-pay the guy, I'll bring it out to ya then, all tested & stuff. :lol:

This link.

• Members
I've been without a hammer action keyboard for far too long, now, unless you count the turdbox spinet in the living room, which I only have because it was the wife's grandmother's. It's a Kirkland! Ever hear of it?

Sure! That's Costco's in-house brand piano! ;)

hehe,
Ian

Archived