AAS Lounge Lizard

ElectricPuppy

• Members

If getting EP texture and sound is the goal, and you don't need to have the exact sound of one of the legends of the past, I think and feel modeling is a great way to go - heck, digital modular synthesis even.

I can't comment on AAS Lounge Lizard - I use the reed piano model within my Korg OASYS PCI. It's a simple enough affair, with 6 parameters that all have real-time modulation - hammer width and force, reed decay and release, and pickup lowcut filter and position. Of course, there are also timbres to explore with post-process of trem, pan, drive, phase, flange, cabinet response, and so on.

I dunno - modeling and/or synthesis seems so ripe with possibility - it all depends on how much you desire fidelity to classic/vintage tones.

My other synths for this are the Clavia Nord Modular and Yamaha FS1R (and no, not for *that* 80s EP (cringe)).

cheers,

Ian

• Members

Too bad their demos are loaded with reverb and delay.

Is that last one trying to be a take off of Angela?

I generally only use a bit of overdrive and tremolo on it, and it sounds pretty good. Actually seems kinda silly to drown demos of an EP in reverb and delay.

• Members

"In the studio

When time matters, simply pick from more than 100 custom electric piano presets."

lulz, when I am in the studio and time matters, I can just say "hold on, I am simply gonna sift through 100 presets, brb!"

Irony. :lol:

What I could see doing, though, is initially sifting through those 100 patches and wittling 'em down to a handful BEFORE doing something pressing.

• Members

I still haz it, but:

- It has a limited velocity range;

- The action is sluggish compared to my real piano;

- As a controller, it's very limited.

I just think it's time to move up.

...A-90, eh?

You just described my A-80. The action is awesome for practicing, it's got good weight on the keys and it's built like a tank, but I feel it's a bit sluggish... it could be just needing a proper cleanup :poke:

The A-90, on the other hand, is quite a bit quicker and despite being lighter than the A-80 (what isn't?) it still has good weight on it (better than RD700GX and S90), feels like a good piano (at least to a hobbist like me) and responds well to the touch. There's a reason why they cost like 3500 dollars when they came out... without having any sounds in them...

Archived