The DSI Mopho Keyboard! Here it is!

goldphinga

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you own anything by DSI?

I do, an MEK to be exact. Define "build quality", as my qualms with the MEK would be the knobs (sturdy pots would be fantastic), but the actual keyboard, pitch bend and mod wheel were all top notch (putting the little phatty's to shame in fact).

• Members

I do, an MEK to be exact. Define "build quality", as my qualms with the MEK would be the knobs (sturdy pots would be fantastic), but the actual keyboard, pitch bend and mod wheel were all top notch (putting the little phatty's to shame in fact).

The keyboard and pots on my Prophet '08 are on par (if not worse) than my M-Audio Oxygen 49. For $2000, one would think more than $200 would have been spent on the keyboard. The mod wheels are not particularly impressive either.

• Members

I thought the build quality on the P'08 was rather poor and the cheap Chinese-made keybed wasn't so appealing either.

However, I thought the Polyevolver had better build quality...and its Fatar keybed was great.

If I had the room, I'd get another Polyevolver in a heartbeat, especially now that the pot edition is available! :love:

• Members

FWIW, the Evolver doesn't have
wavetable
oscillators, just the single-cycle digital oscs of the Prophet VS.

...then again, Nord uses the selfsame ancient soundcard nomenclature to describe their single-cycle waves in the Wave.
:facepalm:

on the other hand, you choose the digital oscillator's waveform from a table of waves.

heading out to LA tomorrow, though not NAMMing it up.

• Members

Oh not this again. Go get a BOM for this and price it out, I'm sure you'll find its far more than $200.

Well, then Dave should find out who M-Audio is buying from, as they are clearly getting a way better deal. An Oxygen 61 is $170, they probably paid 80 at most for their similar quality keybed.

• Members

Ease up with the Prophet 08 hatred. Build quality is great in my opinion. I really rate everything about my P08 PE. The keybed aint cheap feeling either, in fact its one of the most playable synth actions ive played.

And for the record, the sound is spot on too. Its analogue, yet precise which is what i want in a NEW poly. I dont want grunge-i get that from the old gear.

• Members

Posted by Pym at gearslutz

1. MAP is 799$

2. Pots for every knob on there with a line

3. That one is just a prototype, probably will be minor changes for the final version (including color scheme, there is both a yellow and a black one there)

4. USB MIDI, Audio Input (like the Mopho), Digital feedback control (like the Tetra)

5. New knobs (Rogan, really great texture/rubbery feel to them)

6. Osc and Env controls can select either a single oscillator/envelope or all oscillators/envelopes - so if you want to, say, control glide on both osc 1 and osc 2 at the same time, you can

7. Tap tempo and arpeggio stuff like the Prophet

8. Power switch included

• Members

Great news from GS. Here's to hoping that it'll have a magnificent keybed with aftertouch. I too found the MEK much more solid than the LP. This little guy looks promising. Never having heard the Mopho or MoK (?) before, is it great for leads and basses alike? Synth mostly consists of leads and pads, but basses might come in handy as well.

• Members

I'm wondering how this thing is going to control the sequencer's features, as none of the knobs look like they're in a position to double for that...

Software VIa USB or maybe it's more like the Pro-one and you can sequence and tweak as it goes..

I think this is something I'm gassing for, but I really don't need another Mono Synth..

• Members

Even though this piece of kit looks awesomely awesome, I am slightly concerned about bringing it live. What stand fits? I play sitting, and an X stand will not only become unsecure when carrying a keyboard this small, but it will also be annoyingly tall. The only stand I can think of capable of supporting such a keyboard on a 2nd tier is that Z-stand where the 2-nd tier arms can be moved vertically. However, I don't want this on a 2nd tier - I'd want it next to me. Any suggestions?

• Members

I'm guessing that programming the sequencer will be done through the lcd. There's 2 parameter knobs so I guess one scrolls the step, 1-16, while the other sets the value for the step. The destinations are set in the modulation section which has dedicated knobs.

Archived