The DSI Mopho Keyboard! Here it is!

goldphinga

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah, this time I think I'm a bit disapointed by the look. I love my Mopho's look, but that grey color here... I think I would have prefered a yellow top instead, with funky graphics! :) ... But OK, I'll wait till I see it for real :)

By the way, is this the final version or just a prototype?

• Members

other than the price point, assuming it will be cheaper, why would you get this over the MEK?

1. Real pots! Better for the tweaking!

2. Sub OSC.

3. The Mopho sounds a bit more ballsy, even without the sub. I remember reading that Dave tweaked the filter slightly. And it may have to do with higher gain staging within the synth. A filter can change sound quite a bit when you pump up the volume of the oscillators going into it.

But price will be a huge factor for most people. I'm willing to bet this will be $400 - $500 cheaper than the MEK.

r05c03 - keep the LP and have both!

• Members

1. Real pots! Better for the tweaking!

2. Sub OSC.

3. The Mopho sounds a bit more ballsy, even without the sub. I remember reading that Dave tweaked the filter slightly. And it may have to do with higher gain staging within the synth. A filter can change sound quite a bit when you pump up the volume of the oscillators going into it.

But price will be a huge factor for most people. I'm willing to bet this will be $400 - $500 cheaper than the MEK.

r05c03 - keep the LP and have both!

i could see the pots being a selling point, but i'd choose the wavetable osc's over sub osc's any day.

still an analog synth under a grand isn't a bad thing.

• Members

...i'd choose the wavetable osc's over sub osc's any day.

FWIW, the Evolver doesn't have wavetable oscillators, just the single-cycle digital oscs of the Prophet VS.

...then again, Nord uses the selfsame ancient soundcard nomenclature to describe their single-cycle waves in the Wave. :facepalm:

• Members

FWIW, the Evolver doesn't have
wavetable
oscillators, just the single-cycle digital oscs of the Prophet VS.

...then again, Nord uses the selfsame ancient soundcard nomenclature to describe their single-cycle waves in the Wave.
:facepalm:

my bad. i'm just going off the DSI site that refers to them as "digital wavetable osc's".

Archived