iamamiwhoami - any guesses?

Numina

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So, I doubt anyone here has been as obsessive as me about this, but I've been following this viral video thing for awhile now and there's still no reveal yet (a few more have been released since the last posts in this thread). There is, however, a new video as of just a few hours ago. Creepy and dark, the way I like it... I think it's silly that a lot of people still seem to think it's Christina Aguilera, but whatever. What sort of keyboard is she playing in this?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

This Video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Molly Nolte.

Yeah, old news... Iamamiwhoami was using some amateur footage of various animal shots found on YouTube but apparently they were not cleared by the owners. People speculate that such an amateur mistake would never have happened if Aguilera's people were involved... it's clear I know way too much about this viral campaign - :D

• Members

I've been following this viral with interest.

This latest one is the first full length song if I recall correctly.

Its pretty innovative imo- particularly the visual's. I like the music also.

Surely a reveal must be coming soon before the momentum of the campaign dissapates?

The production values do seem very high for the videos, which may suggest major studio backing, but, with talent,this sort of thing can be done on a relatively modest budget now decent quality hi def video camera's are more affordable.

No idea who it is though.......

• Members

AnCap - yeah, the fist post in this thread was prior to this supposed copyright infringement issue and the video up until that time played - I'll update it for you now though. The last video I posted should play for you though and you can click over to iamamiwhoami's YouTube page for further exploring... although it may not be necessary for you to dig into this since the mystery may finally be solved... it's looking like a Swedish artist by the name Jonna Lee may be the gal behind all this. I'd never heard of her.

Here's a vid of the "proof":

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Where is the incredible creativity here? sound like just more cut and pasted, "Hey! lets press the RANDOM PRODUCER button again!", typical modern [lack of]music to me. I could make that stuff twice everyday if someone figure out how to attach a midi cable to my butt. Oh! And ya GOTTA swear. Won't be QUALITY MUSIC without swearing somewhere in it.

• Members

music to me. I could make that stuff twice everyday if someone figure out how to attach a midi cable to my butt. Oh! And ya GOTTA swear. Won't be QUALITY MUSIC without swearing somewhere in it.

If you don't like it you don't like it but I'd love to hear if you could whip this out of your ass. I highly doubt it. Have you listened to the other 6 partial tracks? I didn't hear any cussing, where did you hear the swear words? And in what context were they? What words were used? F, S, C, D, words?

Your post is very troll-ey

J.

• Members

I COULD wip that out of my a$$. NO talent music is the fastest, easiest crap to put out.** And ANYONE is welcome to challenge me on that. I did THIS from initial write to performed/recorded/mixed/mastered in 6 hours total.

Listen for the nod to Harmony Central in the front ;)

yeah it sucks but better than half the PRO crap I hear every day.

** Referring to the cut and pasted mashup of the first video. The second video, containing some musical talent and ability would take a little longer.

That next video clip was more more musical at least, I give ya that. Not my preference from "art" but it was more musical.

Why do people bring nightmares to life and call it art?

Show this clip to a 4 year old and wait for the nightmares. ;)

Seems the new talent these days is acting like you have no talent?

ART: 4 a : the conscious use of SKILL and CREATIVE imagination especially in the production of AESTHETIC objects

AESTHETIC: c : pleasing in appearance : attractive

When did repulsive become attractive? "Ill" become good?

Do I have to take "English" class all over again?

• Members

I COULD wip that out of my a$$. NO talent music is the fastest, easiest crap to put out.** And ANYONE is welcome to challenge me on that. I did THIS from initial write to performed/recorded/mixed/mastered in 6 hours total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbQTqyKLWNM

Listen for the nod to Harmony Central in the front
;)
yeah it sucks but better than half the PRO crap I hear every day.

** Referring to the cut and pasted mashup of the first video. The second video, containing some musical talent and ability would take a little longer.

That next video clip was more more musical at least, I give ya that. Not my preference from "art" but it was more musical.

Show this clip to a 4 year old and wait for the nightmares.
;)

ART: 4 a : the conscious use of SKILL and CREATIVE imagination especially in the production of AESTHETIC objects

Hmmmmkay.... I'm assuming this is a joke now. :wave:

• Members

Hmmmmkay.... I'm assuming this is a joke now.
:wave:

ok. I'm just tired of talentless hacks who claim they make "Music", when there are plenty of actually talented musicians and writers that SHOULD be heard.

• Members

Show this clip to a 4 year old and wait for the nightmares.
;)

Oh {censored}! We got served!

There are DEFINITIONS in the DICTIONARY that prove this music is no good.

Damn. I was kinda digging this Jonna Lee girl. Oh well.

• Members

hahahahaa! I'm just tired of $#!t passing for "Art" and people accepting it.

They FORGET what the words mean.

"p!$$ Christ" anyone? Some "art" is more like hate crimes, but call it ART and it's allll okay now

• Members

ok. I'm just tired of talentless hacks who claim they make "Music", when there are plenty of actually talented musicians and writers that SHOULD be heard.

my friend, this is nothing new... Heck I'm a talentless hack and some people like my music. This may not be your style but I'd hardly call it talentless. Personally speaking and for some of us into electronica (a genre in which synths and samplers are heavily used in various, preferably interesting, ways indicative of the aforementioned music videos).

To me, the music here reminds me of old school 80s 4AD style and I love it.

Anyway, to get back to your argument - we all have different tastes. I don't find the music to be talentless satanic-nightmare basic-fruity-loops-generated sounding garbage. To me it's ethereal, moody, strange, and fun music and visually entertaining to boot!

To each their own.

• Members

hahahahaha, no that RAP was created to prove a point. mindless, BAD "music" is easy for any moron to create.... thus my moronic example.

There is no MUSIC in my example either - just garbage commercial product.

Why is "Disturbing imagry" considered "Art"? People don't realize it is actually more like personal THERAPY than art. Why would anyoen choose to WANT to see some one else's nightmare? I wouldn't wish that on anybody. People have confused thier personal therapy [expelling thier own demons] into product people think is interesting. Why? Only because of morbid curiosity. In this logic, every bloody car crash is "art". Might as well be come to think of it.

People have gone gray from black and white thanks to policital correct.

If I want to film dead squirrels and call it "Art", that is my right now days. Did doing that take SKILL, CREATIVITY to make something AESTHETICALLY pleasing? No, no and no. :)

I won't break on this chick anymore. More power to her successful marketing team to push her dirty laundry onto the world that hungers for it. And people STILL wonder why the world is turning into a $#!thole.... maybe because we are what we eat?

• Members

Without a doubt there are moments in these iamaiwhoami videos that can be construed as "nightmareish" but I don't find anything gratuitous or violent at all with it. Furthermore I'd argue that this isn't children's music and there is clearly a message here - no one seems to know yet though - so to write this off as a shock-value only project is not only premature, but IMO also completely off base. Yes the visuals are intense and there is some violence in the message but not like gangsta rap violence, this is a story...

Also since when did great music NOT have controversial content in it? And as for bands that put out nothing but garbage, here is a short list of bands I think are complete talentless rubbish to my ears yet hugely successful and commercial:

Michael Jackson, Phish (blech!), Madonna, Lady Gaga, KORN, The Killers (note the violence in the band name), Metallica (note the history of violence in their music)... Etc. Pure crap and there's a heck of a lot more!

J.

Archived