iamamiwhoami - any guesses?

Numina

• Members

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Overwhelming support seems to point at, erm, Christina Aguilera... but I hope not, but if this is actually how the music turns out, I don't care who it is, I like it. Personally, I think it's an artist more along the Bjork, Fever Ray, Knife, sound. Some say it's new a NIN/Reznor solo project.

Anyone have any guesses? There's a couple more videos by the user, one has an error in it though and I can't play past 5 seconds.

Pretty cool viral campaign nonetheless.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not gonna be ignored... :poke: ... I had to bump this because I am dying to know who this is.. I know, we'll all know eventually but I'd a thunk many of you would be as intrigued as me... no? It's uber synthy. I will be really disappointed if it's a marketing schtick to make Christina Aguilera look all esoteric and {censored}... I listened to what may be legit boots of CA's forthcoming album and it's all funky radio-friendly pop stuff, not ethereal-ambient like this. I started to hope that this would be a new M83 release, but haven't seen their name mentioned anywhere in the guesses.

Please... please not Christina Aguilera... please.

• Members

Overwhelming support seems to point at, erm, Christina Aguilera... but I hope not, but if this is actually how the music turns out, I don't care who it is, I like it. Personally, I think it's an artist more along the Bjork, Fever Ray, Knife, sound. Some say it's new a NIN/Reznor solo project.

Christina Aguilera????

Between the viral campaign, the kind of goth-industrial vibe I'm getting from the video, and the similarities to the Ghosts project in sound, Nine Inch Nails is really the best guess I'd have. (Ghosts V - VIII? Hmm...)

• Members

Christina Aguilera????

Between the viral campaign, the kind of goth-industrial vibe I'm getting from the video, and the similarities to the Ghosts project in sound, Nine Inch Nails is really the best guess I'd have. (Ghosts V - VIII? Hmm...)

Yeah. Christina Aguilera. I know. :confused: It sounds nothing like anything I've ever heard from her - and I've only heard the MTV stuff. There's all sorts of codes and symbolism and stuff with the videos that people are trying to figure out and the numbers correspond to alphabet letters CH and AG (as in CHristina AGuilera) and the SONY BMG site in Germany has a photo still from one of the videos under a folder for Christina Aguilera. So, given that, there is some reasonable deduction going on that points to Christina Aguilera... but I agree, the music is more along the lines of the other bands mentioned - Goldfrapp, NIN, etc. Oh, supposedly Christina Aguilera has worked with Goldfrapp and Ladytron too... which adds more fuel to this being a CA project. As disappointing as that sounds.

J.

• Members

Havent heard anything about this yet, but I personally dont think its NIN. I wouldnt mind if it was christina, shes got a great voice, and if this her music I would like to see whats done with it.

Sounds cool,has a kind of fairy tale vibe...whatever that means

• Members

Personally, I think Christina Aguilera is incredibly talented and her voice is amazing - but I can't stand her. I don't enjoy the Hollywood popularity contest people like CA, Brittney, Lohan, etc. all have exhibited either - although CA is probably the one with her head screwed on the straightest it seems.

It's just not my thing. I suppose the good thing, in my eyes, would be the mass appeal to the Delerium-esque style of music that all sorts of follower-type people will all of a sudden think is mystical and important because CA made it so.

So, yeah, if the CA people are behind some sort of esoteric marketing campaign and it leads to some hip-hop bluesy album by CA - which by all accounts her new album is purportedly to sound like, with the fist single being titled "Glam" then I'll be disappointed and despise her even more.

J.

• Members

But why would that be disappointing? If you like the music, why does it matter if it came from her?

I agree with what you are saying in general, but because this is a "teaser", just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, we don't know what the rest of the music sounds like on this album. It could be like all those songs in the 70s that had really cool intros but then just turned into generic rock songs after a minute. For me, I'd say there is a much better chance of me liking the rest of the album if it turns out to be Goldfrapp instead of Christina Aguilera - just based on their past. If Aguilera made an entire album of stuff like this it would change my mind about her though.

I agree with what you are saying in general, but because this is a "teaser", just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, we don't know what the rest of the music sounds like on this album. It could be like all those songs in the 70s that had really cool intros but then just turned into generic rock songs after a minute. For me, I'd say there is a much better chance of me liking the rest of the album if it turns out to be Goldfrapp instead of Christina Aguilera - just based on their past. If Aguilera made an entire album of stuff like this it would change my mind about her though.

This!

Hope is not the case :facepalm:

• Members

{censored}, I haven't even thought about Delerium in the last probably 7-8 years. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to have to go home and dig them out.

I personally don't think it's Reznor just based off of that first video, but color me interested...

• Members

Do we even know that this is actually coming from someone who's a 'name'?

It very easily could not be. There's a *lot* of people making music in this style, including many unknowns. In fact, the chances are pretty good that this is a relative unknown trying to propagate their works by throwing known entities and churning the rumor mill...

(Which, as a strategy, works well for a very, very short time, and very poorly thereafter. Just ask Klaatu. :lol: )

• Members

I don't understand...if you like something you like it. How is it diminished after you find out it's from someone you didn't care for before? Does the sound change all-of-a-sudden?

There's only two types of music for me: stuff I like and stuff I don't like. If I like something I don't give two shakes on who actually made it other than I would seek them out again and explore their other music...which I may or may not care for. I try not to dismiss anything just because it's based on who made it. I try...but I don't always achieve that because I'm only human. :D

• Members

Well, if CA's new album is entirely like this then yeah, I'll like it, but it better not be all metrosexual stuff in the lyrics (which I have no problem with in the right context and genre). Sorry, but even though the music is, IMO, stellar, it'll be ruined if CA starts singing about getting it on with Kool Mo D, a bottle of Boone's, and a lot of cash. Or some other sort of pop culture talk of the day thing.

Also, as I mentioned, I ain't sayin' CA isn't talented or worthy, but it would be like a long time folk music junkie coming across some new Dylan-like viral video only to find out it's actually a promo folk sounding music to promote the new album by Amy Winehouse.

Annnnd... we'll just have to see, but, if it is CA then the musicians should receive every bit of publicity as CA. As you all know, often the session musicians get little to no credit while the artist's mug is posted everywhere.

J.

...this is a "
teaser
", just the tip of the iceberg so to speak, we don't know what the rest of the music sounds like on this album. It could be like all those songs in the 70s that had really cool intros but then just turned into generic rock songs after a minute.

For me, I'd say there is a much better chance of me liking the rest of the album if it turns out to be Goldfrapp instead of Christina Aguilera - just based on their past. If Aguilera made an entire album of stuff like this it would change my mind about her though.

• Members

I don't understand...if you like something you like it. How is it diminished after you find out it's from someone you didn't care for before? Does the sound change all-of-a-sudden?

I'm with you on that. But i still agree with the others that the good stuff might just turn out to be cool intros to trite pop tracks, so it could still be spoiled.

Archived