Installed my Seymour Duncan 78 EVH pup.......

zepman

• Members

EVH= evenly voiced harmonics

Into my GMW EVH replica and this guitar now REALLY smokes. The JB (what I removed)is a great pup but a little hot for my taste and these are just killer pups.I am getting ready to place my first order with SD since becoming a dealer and am going to be able to offer some killer pricing, should be the best prices on the net:thu: UNFORTUNATLY my website crashed and I am working hard getting it back online:freak:

Anyway thanks for the heads up when these pups went on sale cuz they were quit a score.................John:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Code-001

What were the tonal differences that you noticed?

The EVH has more clarity with plenty of bite still on tap. Your talking a DC resistance of 9k for the EVH and between 15-18 on the JB.Guys looking for scorching hot pups would be better off with the JB but for classic metal tones these EVH's sound superb:thu:

• Members

I have the EVH in two strat guitars and like them a lot. They have a slight bite and lots of clarity. I'm the type of guy that wants the amp to do the work not the pickups and the EVH are low output as well.

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

Did the 357 virus get your site?
:D

Keep us posted on when you'll be up back with "the cheapest prices on the net"!
:love:

:thu: Find the cheapest price on any SD pup anywhere and I will beat it:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by TheAtomicJeff

The pickup in the Charvel Art is very nice too. I tell ya, a lot of guys are chasing the brown sound here and there with different amps but more of this magic equation lies with this type of pickup than more people give recognition to.

For me, I've realized that it's the Pickup, the wood of the guitar (Body, neck and bridge), the speakers, & the amps all working together to give an over-all effect.

You are right, people haven't given enough thought to how everything works together to get the "magic equation".

I Love my EVH Double cream (VERY VERY RARE).

GO Zepman, you rule!!!! :thu:

• Members

:idea:

I've been looking for a pickup to replace my Screamin Demon in my Kamikaze.....something that is lower output, can get me some brownish sound....hmmmmm

:idea:

How would it pair up with a maple bodied guitar (the Kami)? It's not bright like a JB, is it?

• Members

Originally posted by mrrampant

Don't forget about the sound that the fingers contribute. I've played on awesome players gear that sounded like me and way lesser gear that still sounded like me.
:)

I didn't mention it because I figure without fingers playing would be... well... never mind.

• Members
Originally posted by Zachman

I didn't mention it because I figure without fingers playing would be... well... never mind.

Gotcha! I just meant that a player's fingers contribute to his/her overall tone.:thu: I suppose we could get into picks too? There are obviously many variables.

• Members

Originally posted by mrrampant

Gotcha! I just meant that a player's fingers contribute to his/her overall tone.
:thu:

Thanks, I get what you meant. I just figured it went WITHOUT saying, but some people just like to hear themselves talk. You must be a genius or something huh. :rolleyes:

Archived