Funny Kirk Hammet conversation...

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by dreamspace

Mustain >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kirk

Kirk would die if the tried to play the Hangar 18 solo(well, Mustains' parts at least..)

I don't think so.

Marty's Hangar solo (and fills) is (are) quite good and tasty, but the Mustaine part of the main solo is very subpar IMO. Choppy sounding, no feel, out-of-tune bends, unclean picking and legato, etc.

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

You just called me a bitch? what the {censored} is your problem? you wanna swing from his sack, then you go ahead and do it, but don't get personal, nobody likes an internet toughguy anyway... I did not mention my playing in this thread because I really have nothing to do with it, let alone my playing...

If you have to be better than the artist you are critiquing than a lot of people would have nothing to say about radio garbage...

when you think about it, its highly feasible that he was lost... This could be the first time he's ever heard the style before, the other guitarist could have been playing poorly, and maybe Kirk just feels at home on pentatonics and thats where he started first, maybe too many beers were involved... who knows? I wasn't there, I didn't have the presence of mind to ask, and I didn't get anything to make me think my buddy would know all that, he was probably starstruck

its just funnier to think of a "guitar hero" being completely stumped

man, pick on metallica and they come out in spades don't they?

I hate Metallica, but the fact that you were laughing at a very accomplished guitarist made me realize you're a lying e-bitch. I never said he was the end all, be all guitarist, but I can promise that he would destroy your playing and wouldn't laugh while you were stumbling around.

I think you were just trying to bash Kirk, made up a story, and were hoping the Kirk haters would just jump on the bandwagon and believe you.

Too bad you got called out. :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

I hate Metallica, but the fact that you were laughing at a very accomplished guitarist made me realize you're a lying e-bitch. I never said he was the end all, be all guitarist, but I can promise that he would destroy your playing and wouldn't laugh while you were stumbling around.

I think you were just trying to bash Kirk, made up a story, and were hoping the Kirk haters would just jump on the bandwagon and believe you.

Too bad you got called out.
:wave:

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

• Members

Yeah this post has BS written all over it. Tired attempt at a troll.

To the original poster: Post up clips of your awesome playing. Try to incorporate some of this Slacky stuff, or I'm gonna laugh at you for sucking.
:rolleyes:

Post up clips so I can laugh at how bad you suck.

• Members
Originally posted by -Bong-

You? Another pinhead guitarist on HC.

Kirk? LEAD GUITARIST for METALLICA. Oh yeah... he has more money than you ever will.

{censored} YOU.

He was ripping & shredding when your idea of fun was sitting on your mama's lap sucking on a fudgesicle & watching Bugs Bunny cartoons.

p3wnd. HARD.
:o

P3wned hard? I think my IQ points just dropped. :freak::wave:

• Members

Too bad you got called out.

:confused:

Wow, way to take it personally. Perhaps counseling would be beneficial? :confused::wave:

• Members

Originally posted by uz3r

yay... another slag kirk thread.

OP post a link to one of your platinum selling cds so i can listen before you slag.

+1

what?...the guy has to be versed in every musical style?...brother please....

• Members
Originally posted by Pigsinzen

AH so you weren't even there. This is too going through "WORD OF MOUTH" Ahaha

Or lying
:)

you were too busy playing detective to read the original post, I never said I was there... the thread is titled "funny kirk hammet conversation" not "funny kirk hammet experience"

I never once claimed to see this, but my buddy is not a liar by any means, he isn't a kid and he has no reason to make up stories for {censored}s and giggles

by the way, all these assumptions you supposedly got me on are for kirks sake not mine... there are plenty of reasons why a good player would fall flat, being the first time you heard a complicated styling is a great reason

I was giiving you a fanboys a way to say "see!! he doesn't suck!!!"

obviously he doesn't completely suck, he just is pretty narrowminded and anybody who came in this thread trying to say I said he does infact suck is not particularly intelligent

• Members

you were too busy playing detective to read the original post, I never said I was there... the thread is titled "funny kirk hammet conversation" not "funny kirk hammet experience"

I never once claimed to see this, but my buddy is not a liar by any means, he isn't a kid and he has no reason to make up stories for {censored}s and giggles

by the way, all these assumptions you supposedly got me on are for kirks sake not mine... there are plenty of reasons why a good player would fall flat, being the first time you heard a complicated styling is a great reason

I was giiving you a fanboys a way to say "see!! he doesn't suck!!!"

obviously he doesn't completely suck, he just is pretty narrowminded and anybody who came in this thread trying to say I said he does infact suck is not particularly intelligent

I still don't care for his style, You're still a douche, and the story is not getting any more truthful. ;)

Start the backpeddling, turd. :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by Pigsinzen

IT's not even a IMHO. There is a reason Mustaine got people to play the tricky parts for him.

I'd love to see some proof from FWAxeIbanez that this happened.
;)

whats your address? I'll mail you some stool samples, once they are taste tested for verification please come back and post

seriously, what proof am I gonna have? this was about a 5 minute long conversation about an incident that happened a couple years back or so...

• Members

I still don't care for his style, You're still a douche, and the story is not getting any more truthful.
;)

Start the backpeddling, turd.

See, this is what I don't get... what about this story gives you any right to bash on my personal character? I'm pretty sure you've exposed yourself as the douche here pal

This is what I find the funniest of all, my friend, Kirks cousin, is still a huge Metallica fan and fan of Kirks work... you guys claim because he bombed a solo you cant play fanboy anymore or something, when the guy who saw it originally just got a laugh out of it, and still really digs Hammet, much more than me too...

• Members

seriously, what proof am I gonna have? this was about a 5 minute long conversation about an incident that happened a couple years back or so...

Yeah I dont why everyone is taking it so personally. :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Yeah I dont why everyone is taking it so personally.

No joke... you don't wanna believe it? fine... you're free to believe what you want, why aren't I?

Joe Pass would probably flub a metal solo, and in my opinion Joe Pass makes Hammet look like a child...

• Members

kirk hammett loves pentatonic. so does zakk wylde. metallica loves E minor.kirk hammett loves pentatonic. so does zakk wylde. metallica loves E minor.kirk hammett loves pentatonic. so does zakk wylde. metallica loves E minor.kirk hammett loves pentatonic. so does zakk wylde. metallica loves E minor.kirk hammett loves pentatonic. so does zakk wylde. metallica loves E minor.kirk hammett loves pentatonic. so does zakk wylde. metallica loves E minor.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

Yeah I dont why everyone is taking it so personally.

This thread has me thoroughly confused.

What started as a somewhat funny image that I wish I had seen turned into a battle for who can defend Hammet more BREWTALLY!

{censored}, if you can't picture this happening real or not and get a smile then please start whiping the {censored} off your noise.

Sounds great. I wish I were there. Glad he can still enjoy him even after finding out he's related and watching the guy try and play jazz. On a trumpet, jazz is no problem for me. Forget about it on guitar...

• Members

Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

This thread has me thoroughly confused.

What started as a somewhat funny image that I wish I had seen turned into a battle for who can defend Hammet more BREWTALLY!

{censored}, if you can't picture this happening real or not and get a smile then please start whiping the {censored} off your noise.

Sounds great. I wish I were there. Glad he can still enjoy him even after finding out he's related and watching the guy try and play jazz. On a trumpet, jazz is no problem for me. Forget about it on guitar...

thank you sir... you got it exactly how I intended it... I wasn't trying to kill Kirk for anybody, just a funny thing considering he's a lot of peoples favorite guitarist, a little humanization as opposed to the normal deification

• Members

See, this is what I don't get... what about this story gives you any right to bash on my personal character? I'm pretty sure you've exposed yourself as the douche here pal

This is what I find the funniest of all, my friend, Kirks cousin, is still a huge Metallica fan and fan of Kirks work... you guys claim because he bombed a solo you cant play fanboy anymore or something, when the guy who saw it originally just got a laugh out of it, and still really digs Hammet, much more than me too...

I don't care what anyone thinks of Hammett. I was just pointing out the BS'ing in your post. :wave:

Archived