Funny Kirk Hammet conversation...

FWAxeIbanez

• Members
Originally posted by Pigsinzen

Everyone? Look again. I thoroughly debunked the silliness without bringing up anyone elses playing.
:wave:

And FWAxeIbanez, you surely took pictures of this event right?

::snip::

AKA there was tons of ASSumption on your part of the story.

yeah, too bad you didn't actually read the original post, haha, all your detective work gone down the drain over piss poor reading comprehension

and those "assumptions" that came up later, are normally referred to as "Benefit of doubt"

but go ahead and keep typing assumption with the ASS capitalized, every one here is in awe of your wit, trust me

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by D/FW XJ'er

I don't care what anyone thinks of Hammett. I was just pointing out the BS'ing in your post.

guess this is where we go in circles, because I was just pointing out the BS in yours... IE taking it personally and making personal attacks over something like this

• Members
Originally posted by rockstrongo

I dunno man. I don't dig his newer playing at all, but Hammet was at the top of his class in jazz guitar at Juliard.

But... But...

This post should have marked the end of the thread.

rockstrongo won folks.

And FWAxeIbanez and/or his "Friend" are FOS.

• Members

But... But...

This post should have marked the end of the thread.

rockstrongo won folks.

And FWAxeIbanez and/or his "Friend" are FOS.

Yeah because some guy on the internet said it, it must be true... haha, its amazing the tolerance you have for your sources as opposed to someone elses

seriously tho rockstrongo, no offense meant by this, but can you prove that he was top of the class in Jazz? where did you hear this? I'm not attacking you, I would actually gain about a million times more respect for hammet if I could believe that he was the top of anything in jazz...

• Members
Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

So I was jammin with a friend of mine the other day when casually it came up he was related to Kirk Hammet... Its sort of distant, I guess his dad is cousins with Kirk's dad, but anyway... I told him "Not to disrespect, and I dig older metallica, but I'm not really a fan of your cousin man" and he goes "I know what you mean, I have been to his house about three times, and one time he was playing with a slacky guitar player (apparently its the equivalent of like hawaiin smooth jazz or something, lots of lush chord voicings like 9ths and 13ths) and he was lost!"

I looked at him, and I said "Let me guess... pentatonics?"

he looked like he had seen a ghost... hahaha, he was like "yeaaaah! I couldn't believe it! he was completely lost!!!"

I was surprised at the ease of diagnosis and not surprised at the same time, it was a funny situation nonetheless
:freak::D

But really, who gives a {censored} if he's not technically proficient with slack key Hawaiian smooth jazz, he's good at what he does, and that's really all that matters. If you take a professional bicyclist, and make him compete with professional weight lifters in a weight competition, chances are he won't be able to keep up. Everyone just wants to rip on him out of jealousy, IMO.

• Members

Originally posted by Archdemon

But really, who gives a {censored} if he's not technically proficient with slack key Hawaiian smooth jazz, he's good at what he does, and that's really all that matters. If you take a professional bicyclist, and make him compete with professional weight lifters in a weight competition, chances are he won't be able to keep up. Everyone just wants to rip on him out of jealousy, IMO.

Thats another point of mine... see my post on Joe Pass... Joe Pass is my personal favorite guitarist, and although I don't think there are many who can compare to him, I said even he will fall flat on his face for a metal solo

people think I started this to pick on kirk, when it was only ever a funny scene I wish I could have been there to see

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

Yeah because some guy on the internet said it, it must be true... haha, its amazing the tolerance you have for your sources as opposed to someone elses

No, because what he said is factual.

What you said is "some guy on the internet said it"

• Members

No, because what he said is factual.

What you said is "some guy on the internet said it"

I've never heard anything about Hammett attending Julliard. I recall he took some jazz courses at either USC or UCLA, but nothing about Julliard, much less "top of his class."

Google turns up nothing and he doesn't appear on this notable alumni list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juilliard#Notable_students

It's amazing how personal biases affect judgment and belief.

• Members

But the evening's climax will be "SAS," a semi-improvised work by Flux's first violinist, Thomas Chiu. For that piece, Flux will be joined by Kirk Hammett, the lead guitarist with the heavy-metal band Metallica, as well as Gropman, a classical guitarist.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/07/DDGC4EIJJI14.DTL

I bet he just played pentatonics. :wave:

• Members

tsk tsk...why do some of you get all heated about this? If you believe it then you do, if not, then whatever. Why is it so important to any of you for him to prove this? You don't believe the kid? So what? Brush it off...as Kirk Hammet said on Some Kind of Monster, "You guys, I just want to say something...I think this is bull{censored}...".

• Members

But the evening's climax will be "SAS," a semi-improvised work by Flux's first violinist, Thomas Chiu. For that piece, Flux will be joined by Kirk Hammett, the lead guitarist with the heavy-metal band Metallica, as well as Gropman, a classical guitarist.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/09/07/DDGC4EIJJI14.DTL

I bet he just played pentatonics.

I would VERY much like to hear that piece!

Archived