USA v Czech Republic predictions??

Random Hero

• Members
Originally posted by cloudnine

Yep.

Our stupid "multicultural" bs is proof of this.

How about cheering on the country that gave you or your parents the opportunity for a better job, life, and a future for your kids?

You know...

Canada?

:confused:

Well canada better put some money into its programs. I also think most of the people that are anti-canadian are most of our arab and somali population. I was born in europe, I still cheer on european teams, I dont see anything wrong with that.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Japetus

I am just being honest here....

The World Cup on TV in the USA draws less than shows like American Idol. Golf even gets better ratings.

If we won the whole thing, people would care for about a week. I actually remember hearing womens soccer gets better TV ratings.

In all fairness, American Idol is like a disease, it draws more votes than your average presidential election:freak:

• Members

Your argument holds no water - even a middle of the road skill-wise team from the US should be able to whomp all over a European basketball team.

I don't even think any of the 2002 USA basketball team were STARTERS for their own NBA teams.

• Members

Originally posted by Alchemist

Well canada better put some money into its programs. I also think most of the people that are anti-canadian are most of our arab and somali population. I was born in europe, I still cheer on european teams, I dont see anything wrong with that.

I dont either, but even you must admit that if Canada qualified for the World Cup noone would give a {censored} and people would still cheer for the country where they probably weren't even BORN. It's pretty {censored}ing lame in my opinion. I'm of Irish descent but would I cheer for Ireland? No.

• Members

2 rims and a basketball does not a professional player make. No NBA player got to where he was just by playing pickup on a court for ten years.

Wrong. Look up the name Dikembe Mutumbo. Oh wait, yeah, he was almost going to be a pro soccer player, until he started playing baseketball on a dirt road with a basket for a rim.

Where do you think people start playing?

• Members

I dont either, but even you must admit that if Canada qualified for the World Cup noone would give a {censored} and people would still cheer for the country where they probably weren't even BORN. It's pretty {censored}ing lame in my opinion. I'm of Irish descent but would I cheer for Ireland? No.

Well thats because Ontario is filled with lebanese ginos that think they are italian/brazilian :D Pay no attention to them. I'd cheer on Canada, heck I even had the red soccer canada jersey before.

I'll still cheer on my european teams too. :)

• Members

Cloudnine, just give up, you are grasping for straws. Saying people don't make it to the NBA by playing streetball is outrageous. Some of the best basketball players in the world played street ball. Earl Manigault anyone?

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

So who here on this thread has played soccer?

Okokokokokokokok.....I'll start
:)

I played from peewee leagues through my senior year in high school and also played basketball and baseball.

Soccer was the toughest sport I have ever played for pure endurance.

So here i go wasting my breath as i said i wouldn't.

I have played Soccar, Football, and baseball and for me, Soccar was the easiest sport to be a part of. But to be a standout in Soccar is very difficult. Anyone can stand around and kick a ball, but to be a recognized player is tough.

Football. I was only a wide reciever and kick returner because i was fast. But Football is soo wierd because the positions are all specialized:D

And I'm SOO sick and tired of the guys saying how Rugby is tougher because of no pads. I would LOVE to see you guys stand back and recieve a kickoff with a coverage team running full speed about to take your head off. You would be praying to God that your helmut doesn't come off. Without the pads and helmuts those guys in the NFL would be KILLING eachother.

Baseball is just a skill sport. It's the sort of thing you either can do, or can't. If ANYONE thinks it's easy let me see you try and hit a 90mph fastball.

And i could give 2 {censored}s about a sport where the players are running around more. If you think that's a redeeming quality about the sport go watch a boring marathon race.

But it's as simple as this. You grow up with Soccar and you love it. You grow up with football or baseball and you love that.

In the South Pacific they get naked and jump off a wooden tower so i think they own us all in terms of exciting dangerous sports.

:D

• Members

Where do YOU think they turn into pros?

In programs that the US has exponentially more of than any other country in the world.

Still wrong. The foreign players are learning the game BETTER because they don't play the streetball game. That is why the USA loses in international play.

You must not know much about the international game. Your viewpoints would be valid in 1970, but not in 2006.

• Members
Originally posted by Japetus

Cloudnine, just give up, you are grasping for straws. Saying people don't make it to the NBA by playing streetball is outrageous. Some of the best basketball players in the world played street ball. Earl Manigault anyone?

They start there.

That's not how they make it to the NBA and if you think that, I don't know what to tell you.

And you think I'M grasping at straws. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Alchemist

Hi, and welcome to HCAF:wave:
:D

:p

I dont really care which game is more "manly" but I'd rather watch some people make beautiful moves on the soccer field or hockey arena than some 300 pound idiots running into each other ad infinitum.

• Members

Soccer fans have been known to cause riots, destroy vehicles, trash stadiums, and in some instances, actually block off major highways, not the brightest of individuals it seems. If you are looking for a sport purely because of how insane they are, then I can see why you guys like soccer. Or maybe just because its your only sport :freak: Internationally, soccer has a bigger following than football, big frigging deal. Besides, another game in society that is followed just as rabidly is Dungeons and Dragons. It has some redeeming characteristics, but no one understands what the big deal is. Just like soccer. When I mean "no one", I mean the average run-of-the-mill American who thinks soccer is for wussies. And that is what the average American believes. This is irrelevant anyway :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

So who here on this thread has played soccer?

Okokokokokokokok.....I'll start
:)

I played from peewee leagues through my senior year in high school and also played basketball and baseball.

Soccer was the toughest sport I have ever played for pure endurance.

I'm european I couldnt not play soccer, its a blasphemy of sorts. I also played hockey, then in highschool I played baseball for a few years.

Soccer and hockey are very tough for endurance, soccer more so because unlike hockey you cant change lines and go have a rest.

Archived