Rockman 2x10 combo amp?

StratKat

• Members

Hey all,

I used to use rockmans for church gigs through pa systems back in the 80's and 90's. Then i had a bud of mine build one of the XL's into my pedalboard and built a switch network for it. But after almost 20 years it has died....

I was whining about its demise when a friend mentioned he had played on a rockman 2x10 amp ages ago. I knew about the rack stuff, and amps that you could mount a rockman into, but never actually saw a real rockman amp. Is it twue?

• Members

I use to love the rockman stuff, but that technology has been surpassed by companies like Line 6 and Tech 21 - they both make Rockman type stuff that is much more versatile, more choices, etc. (I still practice with the X100 headphone amp - GREAT invention!!)

• Members
Originally posted by Spar

Nothing made by SR&D Rockman called the Rampage. Rocktron made an amp called the Rampage. Some people get Rockman and Rocktron confused with eachother. Easy mistake.

Yep,me being one. I understand them being separate comanies. For some reason I thought the post said Rocktron. But,ummm,nope.:)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

:cry: Yeah I got to play around on those when they came out, but could never afford anything like that back then. Sometimes I still GAS for some Rockman stuff, but prices are out of control on ebay for that stuff now.

I wish they would re-release some of that stuff. I think Dunlop now owns the rights??? I wish they would get off their asses and quit milking the name on the Metal Aces and put some good stuff out there.

• Members

Originally posted by StratKat

Hey all,

I used to use rockmans for church gigs through pa systems back in the 80's and 90's. Then i had a bud of mine build one of the XL's into my pedalboard and built a switch network for it. But after almost 20 years it has died....

I was whining about its demise when a friend mentioned he had played on a rockman 2x10 amp ages ago. I knew about the rack stuff, and amps that you could mount a rockman into, but never actually saw a real rockman amp. Is it twue?

Hey StratKat,

I saw your posting on your Rockman XL. Dunlop Mfg. does repairs on the Rockman product line since they own Rockman. Contact them here:

Rockman repairs

I had them service my Rockman MIDI pedal a couple of years ago.

Guitar George

• 4 years later...

Archived