Pianoteq goes to v3.6... new exquisite piano model K1!

evildragon

• Members

But please - stop these silly comparisons with products you have never ever played for yourself.

Prejudice much? Yes, I did play a V-Piano, and as stated, was underwhelmed for the price, starting from that awful (to me, YMMV and all that) keybed.

• Members

The Kawai K1 is an old rompler from the dinosaur years of romplers.... I'm not talking about Kawais real pianos....
:facepalm:

I love my K1's buddy. I have 3 of 'em. Every piece of music I compose has a K1 string pad on it.

But the K1 piano made a Korg M1 piano patch sound like a Bosendorfer.

But when people reference the venerable Kawai K1, a certain amount of

veneration is called for. We are talking true 8 bit glory here.

None of that contemporary bulls*it.

• Members

Well it sounds good to me... This the new version?

Still I would have liked him to hit the same note couple times loud with the pedal on and see if the kinda metallic noises come out like in real grand.

We need a real comparison between the V and Pianoteq. Never played the V as I am not 5K interested in an electronic piano.

• Members

how someone can post such a crappy sounding video with means to promote a product is beyond me.

I have Pianoteq and i am sure they will continue to improve it to a point where it really rivals all other samplebased emulations not only in playability but also in tone etc but distorted demos certainly dont help convincing any potential buyers.

• Members

I have been having a good bit of fun blending TruePianos with Pianoteq. Try cranking up the string resonance on PT and lowering it in the mix a bit, to where you can hear the woodiness of the TP sample but with the resonance and connectedness of PT.

Archived