Pianoteq goes to v3.6... new exquisite piano model K1!

evildragon

• Members

It's not a Kawai. It's entirely new model with no resemblance to any actual brand of pianos. However, it sounds very rich and articulate, with a very crystal clear attack. Great bass notes. Delicate highs. Very big dynamic range.

The Kawai K1 is an old rompler from the dinosaur years of romplers.... I'm not talking about Kawais real pianos....:facepalm:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Pianoteq require just 256 MB RAM. PIANOTEQ does not store any samples. It occupies just 20 MB of hard disc drive space. It is CPU intensive software.

I'm tired of romplers with sampling technology. Would be nice to have hardware synths based on some digital modeling. I'm sure the first company that would make such synth with reasonable price and weight would get the market.

• Members

There have been tries before. Remember Yamaha VL-1? Cost prohibitive. There's also Roland's V-Piano. Cost prohibitive. (And might I add, not in the same league as Pianoteq!)

Modelled instruments need a LOT of R&D. That R&D needs to be paid off, which results in more expensive instruments.

• Members

It's not a Kawai. It's entirely new model with no resemblance to any actual brand of pianos. However, it sounds very rich and articulate, with a very crystal clear attack. Great bass notes. Delicate highs. Very big dynamic range.

It would be easier to judge the sound of the piano if they didn't drown in it in reverb.

My criticism is basically a lessened version of my criticism of the earier version I heard-- there's not enough bite and crispness. The sound is undefined and amorphous-- the attack is too timbrally similar to the body of the note.

I still think the Ivory demos sound better. Pianotreq may catch up, but it hasn't fully arrived, IMO.

• Members

i had a chance to compare pianoteq3 with the V-Piano about a year ago for a couple of weeks. The V-Piano sounded a lot better than the Pianoteq in terms of tone and expressiveness at least to my ears.

The Pianoteq was somewhat hollow and muffled in comparison.

But in reality i could never afford the V-piano and instead use a mix of pianoteq, Ivory and imperfectsamples for my pianoneeds.

• Members

Sound-wise, let's just say that you don't know what I know. Modartt has some surprises coming.
;)

:facepalm:

Oh boy... Is there really no way to stop you from posting the same Pianoteq blabla over and over and over and over and again? I mean, you're on their credits list and it's ok to promote a product. But please - stop these silly comparisons with products you have never ever played for yourself.

Get a life and get serious.

Archived