mparsons

• Members

There are so many bands out there now days who are falsely labeled Metal,

Trivium
Thrice
Dillinger escape plan
Avenged Sevenfold

Theres are Fashion bands and its embarresing for them to be labeled metal

Shoving Feathers up you butt doesnt make you a chicken.

Just like playing distorted guitars, using double kicks and Screaming vocals doesnt Automatically make you metal.

• Members
Originally posted by Banded-Morwong

Trivium

Thrice

Dillinger escape plan

Avenged Sevenfold

Just like playing distorted guitars, using double kicks and Screaming vocals doesnt Automatically make you metal.

Tell it like it is brother

• Members

trivium suck ass. Take some riffs and phrases used by other bands, add some minor 3rd harmonies, solo (also harmonied), breakdown, back to stolen riff. Its simple and formulaic

Theres plenty of new, creative metal out there, but no one seeks it out.

If you like it, then fair enough, but its all been done before and the bands who were responsible hadnt been puked on by Hot Topic

James

James

• Members

Thrice

Dillinger escape plan

FASHION? Especially Dillinger, wtf?!?

And who the hell calls Thrice metal?

Stupid metalhead elitists. Grow up. Acting so childish makes you useless, not some type of expert that is going to fix everything and make it the way you want.

• Members

DillingerEscapePlan.jpg

Theres a difference between being a metal elitist and knowing what is and isnt metal you {censored}ing insect.

OH MY {censored}ING GOD WHAT A BUNCHA FASHION-CORE SCENESTERS!!!

BLACK SHIRTS?!? WHAT KIND OF METAL BAND WEARS THOSE!?

I sure as hell have never seen a metal band wear BLACK SHIRTS, of all things.

In short, nobody was saying that DEP was metal, just that you are an asshole.

• Members

Trivium

Thrice

Dillinger escape plan

Avenged Sevenfold

Dillinger kick ass, they are one of the few bands who carve a unique sound these days. I dont really care what they wear, just so long as the musics good. I thought Miss Machine was a big step sideways in terms of their musicianship, and didnt really dig it, but they still kickass live and theyve had a few really good albums. Dillinger and Mike Patton was a great mix

James

• Members

Trivium

Thrice

Dillinger escape plan

Avenged Sevenfold

You nailed it perfectly.

I was fortunate enough to have been subjected to metal music from all over the world while I was growing up.

The glam rock from the 80's, the thousands of black metal and nu-metal bands from the 90's and the "screamo" bands of the 00's have one thing in common. They all went to the extremes to try and have a historic and musical impact on metal and they have all failed so miserably. Atleast musically. The objective was/is to make a fasion statement.

When a lot of people confess their dissatisfaction with the new trends which quickly develop a "generic" sound , that does not mean they are living under a rock and trying to relive old metal glories. It simply means they think most of the newer is.........crap!

banging your strings and making tons of noise through an amp and screaming BOAT and STRANGE MOUNTAIN is not metal. Metal is about intelligent creativity and taste.

• Members

Originally posted by IJohnst

How is Trivium not {censored}ing metal?

I thought i allready made myself perfectly clear

• Members

I just think it's funny because most of these bands talk up how they're influenced by Metallica and Megadeth. Now I admit I like some trivium, I hear NO influence other than playing guitar distorted. Same with AX7, {censored} them, They're trying way to hard to be Guns and Roses 2006.

• Members

Originally posted by dxjxrose

accualy the both use dsl s now one uses a ts9 and the other the od1

who told you that? matt uses a dsl and corey uses a jmp1 and el34 100/100 with ts9's. i just recorded the new album, tones are {censored}ing killer. i can tell you we def did NOT use their live rigs...i think alot of you will be fairly surprised about the guitar playing on this...but dont worry i'm sure you guys will find plenty else to hate and complain about on the record.

• Members

Yeah, they played one of their new songs, and it {censored}ing kicked ass. I don't know where the hell you guys get that they're trying to be the new Metallica. Personally, I think they're picking up where Metallica left off.

• Members

Originally posted by IJohnst

Yeah, they played one of their new songs, and it {censored}ing kicked ass. I don't know where the hell you guys get that they're trying to be the new Metallica. Personally, I think they're picking up where Metallica left off.

+1

IMO this is where Metallica should have ended up.

It's funny, because so many people would be creaming their pants if Metallica was playing these kinds of riffs again.

• Members

RRRRRRRRAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAATTTTT RUUUUUUUUUUDDEEEEEEEERRRR GAAASSSSSS PAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNN!!!!!! LIME!!!!!!!!!!!! FLEISCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEE SUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK CCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COATSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEEEEEEEETH!!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! RRRRRRRRAH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Archived