Since when did 4x12's Become So damn expensive?

guitarist17

• Members

Honestly, has anyone else noticed how expensive 4x12's have gotten? Ibanez cabs that cost 800 bucks? 1200 dollars for a greenback loaded marshall cab? Randall cabs that are over 900 Dollars new? Marshall 1960A/B that are almost 700 bucks new???

Anyone remember when mesa 4x12's were 769, and THAT was expensive at the time? I think its pretty ridiculous honestly, how much 4x12's cost these days!!! Who in their right mind would pay 900 dollars for a marshall MODE 4 4x12 when you could get a diezel/bogner/vht for the same price if not cheaper? Honestly, there is nothing that pisses me off more in the world of guitar gear right now, than the recent markup of 4x12 cabinets. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by bullhead

this is why there's a large used market.

I understand that, but by the time you find a used cab that you are looking for, and THEN pay the 150 bucks to have it shipped to you, it becomes not very worth it :(

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

I understand that, but by the time you find a used cab that you are looking for, and THEN pay the 150 bucks to have it shipped to you, it becomes not very worth it
:(

umm... then buy locally? :confused: it's hard NOT to find used 1960s

• Members

Originally posted by bullhead

umm... then buy locally?
:confused:
it's hard NOT to find used 1960s

i think your missing my point. marshall mode 4 cabs for 1000 dollars!? I mean come on man! Ibanez 4x12's for 800 dollars!? that is insanely ridiculous, I don't care who you are. of course its not hard to find a used 1960A, im not bitching about the ability to find used 1960A's here man.

• Members

Just get the low priced Fender or B52 or Ampeg 4x12 cabs and change out the speakers at some later time if they are not good enough sounding for you, but if the stock speakers are too bright, or boomy just slap some sticky putty or clay or gaffers tape on the cones to bring down the resonance and cut the harshness until you can find a satisfactory replacement for them.

• Members

i think your missing my point. marshall mode 4 cabs for 1000 dollars!? I mean come on man! Ibanez 4x12's for 800 dollars!? that is insanely ridiculous, I don't care who you are. of course its not hard to find a used 1960A, im not bitching about the ability to find used 1960A's here man.

Who in the world are you having ship your cabs???? I just had 6 PA cabs(125lbs each) shipped from West Va to Mn for $206. Somebody's getting ripped off. Cabs really haven't changed that much.

• Members

How much have Mode 4 cabs gone up since their introduction?

• Members
Originally posted by gunslinger

I hate Carvins cabs....I've had 2, and they just dont cut it at all...

That being said, I'd love to try one of the avatar cabs, and see if they live up to the hype.

Carvin cabs are highly respected in the real world,for good reason. Nice well constructed box. They aren't for the "pants-down-to-the-ass" crowd,though. They have a nice honest guitar tone.

• Members

think you're missing my point. if you try to find a decent price, it's not hard. i've seen people buy used Mesas for 500 in good condition. someone a week or so ago bought a used Hiwatt cab with Fanes in the cab for something like 100 bucks... and those speakers are 250 new apiece. Avatar still has 4x12s for $388. hell, i almost bought a Mode 4 for 500 bucks just so i could flip it on ebay at profit (at a guitar center, no less). i like the m4 cabs better than the 1960s, too. i haven't heard the Ibanez cabs, but they're V30 loaded and constructed pretty well (on sight, at least), so they might be worth that.

just look around, good deals are not that hard to find.

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

. They aren't for the "pants-down-to-the-ass" crowd,though. They have a nice honest guitar tone.

So what are you trying to say?

I didnt like them AT ALL.

My Randall, Marshall, and Mesa, cabs always crushed them in tone. IN THE REAL WORLD.

:D

p.s. I'm not your teeny bopper Psuedo-metal guy either. So Please no disrespectful remarks until you get to know me a little better........:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by gunslinger

So what are you trying to say?

I didnt like them AT ALL.

My Randall, Marshall, and Mesa, cabs always crushed them in tone. IN THE REAL WORLD.

:D

p.s. I'm not your teeny bopper Psuedo-metal guy either. So Please no disrespectful remarks until you get to know me a little better........
:thu:

Maybe you just don't like a traditional guitar tone.

Archived