BOGNER XTC: questions.

guitarist17

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by The Idiot

I dunno about you but, I wouldn't want an amp that's complicated inside.

Why? You DVD player is probably 1000000x more complex than the XTC. Unfortunately, there are alot of techs who are lazy and/or stupid and complain about a bit of complexity like it's the end of the world.

• Members

Originally posted by vlad

Why? You DVD player is probably 1000000x more complex than the XTC. Unfortunately, there are alot of techs who are lazy and/or stupid and complain about a bit of complexity like it's the end of the world.

I can name at least two amps in his sig that are either

a) complicated inside

and

b) are built with PCBs.

In fact, I'm willing to bet the PCB amps in his sig are no where near the quality of any boutique PCB manufacturer.

• Members
Originally posted by Variable

I can name at least two amps in his sig that are either

a) complicated inside

and

b) are built with PCBs.

In fact, I'm willing to bet the PCB amps in his sig are no where near the quality of any boutique PCB manufacturer.

Yeah... :D

• Members

We aren't going to have the pcb vs. handwired argument again are we?

If we are, I'd like to point out that a handwired amp using the nerve endings of a giant squid instead of wires is preferable to a PCB, which is preferable to any handwired amp made on a monday morning or a friday afternoon in the US.

-W

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

As a fishfreak, I hope you aren't saying this because snakebite20 said it.

When people think "bogner preamp, they immediately think "fish".

before hafler made the triple giant, bogner actually made the triple giant.

Marty's gear in 90-94

Bogner triple giant Preamp, Tube Works Preamp, CAE 3+ Preamp, Yamaha SPX 900, BBE Sonic Maximizer, VHT 2150 Power Amp, Bradshaw RSB-12 Switching System, Furman Power Regulator, Whirlwind multi-Selector, Samson Wireless Concert Series, Marshall 4x12 with Celestions

sennheiser 421's, shure sm57's.

That is news to me actually. I've never heard of bogner making the triple giant, only that they designed it, and hafler built it. My understanding was that he used a fish on RIP, and all effects added at the board.

And I have nothing nice to say about Snakebite20.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarslinger

I thought jcm900's, rockmasters, and tubescreamers all had pcb's inside.
:confused:

I'm getting rid of the 900 and keeping the rockmaster. The rockmaster is amazing and does the high gain {censored} with ease.

The {censored} with PCB is that parts are not always available and costs a {censored}load to repair.

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

I played one the other day while i was up in NYC at Rudys Music. (speaking of rudys music, that place is awesome for gear, but those guys are DICKS, I would never drop a dime in that place after the way i was treated. It's the kind of store they watch you as you play and only let you play for 5 minutes an hurry you out...i was pissed)

I LOVED the xtc's 3rd channel. It's chewy rockin tone was just freakin awesome to me. I only got to play it at low volumes, but how heavy does this thing get? I had all the controls at about 3 oclock, seemed to work best to me i guess( I think they we re around 3oclock). can this thing get thrash metal heavy enough? this amp just does sooo much, I would LOVE to own one someday, it seems like its a cover all grounds kind of amp, and it does so many things very well. The chewiness, and tamed high end, and pushed midrange was just awesome. How does thing respond to boost pedals/ EQ pedals? thanks
:D

chris

My XTC loves my RC Booster pedal. I run it as a clean boost and it tightens up the attack. It is a great amp.

Archived