BOGNER XTC: questions.

guitarist17

• Members

I played one the other day while i was up in NYC at Rudys Music. (speaking of rudys music, that place is awesome for gear, but those guys are DICKS, I would never drop a dime in that place after the way i was treated. It's the kind of store they watch you as you play and only let you play for 5 minutes an hurry you out...i was pissed)

I LOVED the xtc's 3rd channel. It's chewy rockin tone was just freakin awesome to me. I only got to play it at low volumes, but how heavy does this thing get? I had all the controls at about 3 oclock, seemed to work best to me i guess( I think they we re around 3oclock). can this thing get thrash metal heavy enough? this amp just does sooo much, I would LOVE to own one someday, it seems like its a cover all grounds kind of amp, and it does so many things very well. The chewiness, and tamed high end, and pushed midrange was just awesome. How does thing respond to boost pedals/ EQ pedals? thanks :D

chris

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by zao

it tightened it up, no it doesnt need a boost but i sounds good with it. the amp has enough gain but i like the way harmonics sound and the amp felt boosted for certain types of music.

ah, good to know :)

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

iced earth, testament, slayer influenced style of metal riffs? could it handle it?

besides Slayer. My band does Dead Skin Mask. It's really a personal preference. IMHO, it has enough gain, but is voiced in a hot rodded marshall type vein.

• Members

Originally posted by bikerdude2

besides Slayer. My band does Dead Skin Mask. It's really a personal preference. IMHO, it has enough gain, but is voiced in a hot rodded marshall type vein.

yea i know it has enough gain, the voicing is what im worrying about. the amp has just this AWESOME tone to it, just worried if its heavy enough for my style.

splawn and xtc owners, which gets on the more aggresive side?

chris

• Members
Originally posted by guitarist17

i wasnt aware slayer or iced earth used rectos...
:rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't realize you were trying to duplicate someone's tone. I was trying to answer your questions about the XTC like your thread title says. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by bikerdude2

Sorry, I didn't realize you were trying to duplicate someone's tone. I was trying to answer your questions about the XTC like your thread title says. What was I thinking?
:rolleyes:

not trying to duplicate anyones tone, just giving an insight into the styles im into...your inital comment seemed arrogant to me.

Archived