Wolfmother

FWAxeIbanez

• Members
Originally posted by This_Love

Actually, Jet aped some bands right down to the right down to the riff. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" was "Lust For Life" with some minor changes (and the guitar riff sounded similar to the Stripes' "Screwdriver") And "Look What You've Done" was a complete rip-off of The Beatles "Sexy Sadie."

there is this other band that is big in Aus right now called rogue traders .....every song they put out its like 'hey thats my sharona' ...'hey thats blue monday'

I read where they don't 'sample' stuff (aka eminem toy soilders etc ) they just 'play' the sampled parts :freak:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Bradman006

I sense your a Port supporter Sir Dong.

Don't worry, your team will be up there again soon enough. Of course the press is going to focus on the Crows.

oh, and Wolfmother still suck ass.

I'm not worrying at all, and the Crows are not the issue, Riccuto is, bradnam.

• Members
Originally posted by cavemanic

there is this other band that is big in Aus right now called rogue traders .....every song they put out its like 'hey thats my sharona' ...'hey thats blue monday'

I read where they don't 'sample' stuff (aka eminem toy soilders etc ) they just 'play' the sampled parts
:freak:

They suck even more ass. Rogue traders are a pop group. The singer is an actor in Neighbours (soap T.V show). They 'sample' or play the actual riffs like my Sharona etc. ripp them off and sing poppy lyrics to them. I do'nt know how they manage to do this legally, must pay a {censored} load to the original artists. I {censored}ing hate that crap too! makes me sick.

• Members

Originally posted by freaksho

wolfmother is definitely borrowing an old sound, there's no doubt about it. but in an age of pop bands born in corporate board rooms with simon cowell in attendance, or whatver random nu-metal or emo or indie facsimile, it's a welcome sound to me. these are desperate times.

I could definitely see this band being created in a boardroom tho, I dunno... downloaded the album, and there's about three songs I dig, the rest are more or less about the same song just rehashed. bit of a let down, but those three or so songs are pretty good

and an indie band can't be created in a boardroom... because if there's a boardroom, then its not indie... the big labels can emulate indie music, but really if its not a hair shy of being completely independent and diy then its just pop

I can see why the ceo's are after it tho, I mean, you deliberately get to lower the budget because lo-fi quality gets more street cred, and typically the only money they ever need is for thier local thriftshop for scenester clothes and old forgotten and obscure records... none of them look like they eat either

a major labels dream

• Members

They suck even more ass. Rogue traders are a pop group. The singer is an actor in Neighbours (soap T.V show). They 'sample' or play the actual riffs like my Sharona etc. ripp them off and sing poppy lyrics to them. I do'nt know how they manage to do this legally, must pay a {censored} load to the original artists. I {censored}ing hate that crap too! makes me sick.

Oh god, is it the Rogue Traders that use that sharona riff? Comes on the radio, and MEGA pisses me off.

But still, it's funny, most Aussie's here despise them. Maybe it's cos all the guys walking around the city in Wolfmother shirts look like complete losers. Or the fact they suck. Probably 50/50.

And yeah, wtf with Jet? What's with all this ripping off, it's not exactly subtle! Especially when the song becomes a "hit".

• Members
Originally posted by El Puppetto

Oh god, is it the Rogue Traders that use that sharona riff? Comes on the radio, and MEGA pisses me off.

But still, it's funny, most Aussie's here despise them. Maybe it's cos all the guys walking around the city in Wolfmother shirts look like complete losers. Or the fact they suck. Probably 50/50.

And yeah, wtf with Jet? What's with all this ripping off, it's not exactly subtle! Especially when the song becomes a "hit".

They still have more money than you.

:D

• Members

For this crime ...I deem natalie to get her gear off in the next picture mag:D

• Members
Originally posted by El Puppetto

honestly....where do these bands appear from? its like theres a bunch of them hiding under a rock and once some fad becomes big all of a sudden everyone has always been into this sort of {censored}

like how many emo cuts did you see around a few years ago...get a {censored}ing identity already!

that INXS song 'pretty vegas' is actually a splice of 'we gotta get out of this place' and a Pink song:eek:

these days its like spot the riff or song...how many times can you recycle the same {censored}?

:freak:

• Members

everyone just seems to hate anybody who gets popular no matter what they sound like. there are people out there to hate anybody you can think of in the music world. and please don't anybody say that wolfmother is the most unoriginal blah blah blah while nickelback is still breathing.

• Members

Originally posted by martindcx1e

everyone just seems to hate anybody who gets popular no matter what they sound like. there are people out there to hate anybody you can think of in the music world. and please don't anybody say that wolfmother is the most unoriginal blah blah blah while nickelback is still breathing.

don't get me started on those cunts:D

I'd take wolfmother over them in a heartbeat:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by martindcx1e

Here's why: most bands that get popular suck ass, because the public at large is influenced by record label hype or just doesn't have good taste in music. I don't even consider Nickelback music, it's a consumer product.

• Members

Originally posted by blargh

Here's why: most bands that get popular suck ass, because the public at large is influenced by record label hype or just doesn't have good taste in music. I don't even consider Nickelback music, it's a consumer product.

ya it just seems like it's popular to hate popular bands alot of times though. like it is shameful to enjoy the music of anybody with fans. bands should not be disliked for winding up on mtv or radio. they should be disliked because the listener doesn't prefer their music, and being popular should not automatically equate to sucking.

• Members
Originally posted by bob the dentist

They still have more money than you.

:D

I could easily make more money than I do now by selling my ass on the street but I choose not to. If I wanted to make money I wouldn't be playing metal. It's not about the money. They may be loaded but they still suck ass. Fat, unwashed ass with gruff nuts. {censored} those cocksuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I could easily make more money than I do now by selling my ass on the street but I choose not to. If I wanted to make money I wouldn't be playing metal. It's not about the money. They may be loaded but they still suck ass. Fat, unwashed ass with gruff nuts. {censored} those cocksuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya but they still have more money so...

• Members

I like Wolfmother for what they are and what they have done. If their exposure makes it possible for the countless other bands that are playing that "style" of music to be heard by a broader audience, then kudos to them.

The Sword- in my car as I type, this band rules.

High on Fire kick serious arse, but are not nearly as marketable as Wolfy.

Sasquatch kills. The label we are on has loose ties with Small Stone, so hopefully (once our record is done) we will be able to play with a few of their artists.

Also if you are looking for a Swordish band check out Saviours, they just played a leg of The Sword's tour and they rule.

Archived