Wolfmother

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They most certainly do not suck!

Ok, so maybe their not quite as talented as those they are compared to (eg Zeppelin, Sabbath etc) but I promise you, they put on a hell of a show and they sure as hell got the right idea.

IMO their album is worth buying but if you're not up for that then it's defintely worth the download.

Saw them last Friday night, some of the most fun I've ever had in one night, if you ever get the chance to see them go for it they're a really tight unit that play balls to the wall rock 'n' roll.

• Members

Originally posted by rustypickup

They most certainly do not suck!

Ok, so maybe their not quite as talented as those they are compared to (eg Zeppelin, Sabbath etc) but I promise you, they put on a hell of a show and they sure as hell got the right idea.

IMO their album is worth buying but if you're not up for that then it's defintely worth the download.

Saw them last Friday night, some of the most fun I've ever had in one night, if you ever get the chance to see them go for it they're a really tight unit that play balls to the wall rock 'n' roll.

They're the most un-inventive, sucky band out there. They're just ripping off the sounds/style made famous by Black Sabbath, Zepplin etc. (altough very watered down) He's got the whole early Ozzy voice going, and their tone and overall playing just sound like {censored} IMO.

They're Australian. If I thought they had anything going for them I'd back them but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Heaps of people like them though. They are quite popular. Good on them. I just think they're {censored}.

• Members
Originally posted by Bradman006

They're the most un-inventive, sucky band out there. They're just ripping off the sounds/style made famous by Black Sabbath, Zepplin etc. (altough very watered down) He's got the whole early Ozzy voice going, and their tone and overall playing just sound like {censored} IMO.

They're Australian. If I thought they had anything going for them I'd back them but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Heaps of people like them though. They are quite popular. Good on them. I just think they're {censored}.

Agree completely! I hate the hell out of them, amazingly crap songs. Mind's Eye is probably my most hated song on the radio right now.

Oh btw go Adelaide! I was born there, and am a Crows fan, but moved to Perth before I turned 1. We're gonna kick these eagles bastards this weekend.....I just got offered a ticket in the eagles members section by a friend lol. I'm making heaps of bets, all these Eagles fans are too high and mighty not to bet me ;)

• Members

Wolfmother were good until they got superbig, I remember seeing them live about two years ago, had alittle hype about them, no album out, really rockin' show. Saw them again when everyone liked them, but they were playing on a big stage and i dont think they can pull it off.

• Members

Originally posted by Bradman006

Exactly. Their song "Woman" is the most irritating piece of {censored} ever produced, in my opinion of course. Some people will dig the retro sound and that's ok. I just don't understand the hype.

• Members

I thought "Woman" was kinda cool, but not cool enough to buy the album.

Still, it's kinda sad that we all pine away for real rock'n'roll to make a comeback, yet when a band is making a legitimate attempt at doing exactly that, we trash them for being lame and unoriginal. I've heard the Zep and Sabbath catalog enough in my lifetime; I'm open to new takes on that formula.

• Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

Still, it's kinda sad that we all pine away for real rock'n'roll to make a comeback, yet when a band is making a legitimate attempt at doing exactly that, we trash them for being lame and unoriginal. I've heard the Zep and Sabbath catalog enough in my lifetime; I'm open to new takes on that formula.

Me too.

• Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

I thought "Woman" was kinda cool, but not cool enough to buy the album.

I don't really wanna hear dated throwback type stuff...when bands like GNR, AIC, STP etc were cutting a path they sounded fresh not really retro...well thats the stuff that floats my boat anyway ...not the strokes , vines etc

• Members

They are a throwback to the old era of rock. Bands like Dredge and Cave-In, which in my opinion are great modern rock groups go unrewarded because of bands like Wolfmother.

Any band that MTV has to do a feature on (in other words, a paid advertisement of) is worthless. They tried it with The Darkness and I wasn't buying that either.

If you want to hear old rock, listen to the older groups who are still releasing new albums to this day. Why celebrate mediocrity?

• Members

Originally posted by cavemanic

I don't really wanna hear dated throwback type stuff...when bands like GNR, AIC,
STP
etc were cutting a path they sounded fresh not really retro...well thats the stuff that floats my boat anyway ...not the strokes , vines etc

STP? cutting a path? fresh? You could put on their first album and go... "Soundgarden... AIC... Pearl Jam... Nirvana..." That record was the earliest sign that the revolution's days were numbered... Them and Candlebox.. total cock rock repackaged corporate bull{censored}

• Members

Originally posted by Evil Jimmi

I prefer The Sword or High on Fire to Wolfmother . . .

Oh, and Cave-In totally rocks--in all of their incarnations . . . one of my favorite bands of the 21st century.

High on Fire rocks!

They're 20 times the band that Wolfmother is, yet we don't hear a lot about them from Rolling Stone or MTV...hmmmmm...

Archived