Man, the new Lamb of God

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Yeah, I read that in Guitar World about the last album, only two total guitar tracks. That's exactly why the last two albums sound so weak to me. I think that's retarded, but hey, I'm not in the band.

Well, technically it was 6 tracks total- 1 each a side of Mark IV, Marshall JTM 45, and Sansamp. But it's one performance split to three amps. And it's overwhelmingly Mark IV in the mix.

I wouldn't blame their tone on Machine, though. Even given what amps he had to work with, he could have made that sound massive- I'm sure if you split your signal and ran into a Mark IV and a cranked old Marshall you could get one performance a side to sound enormous pretty easily... if you dialed 'em in right for that sort of sound. I think the tone on Ashes and the new one is just how they dial their stuff in. I've owned a Mark IV, and I know they can sound way darker and thicker than any tone on any Lamb Of God stuff I've heard.

I wouldn't call Machine a crap producer/engineer at all; he produced and engineered King Crimson's The Power To Believe, which is one of the coolest things I've ever heard.

• Members

i always thought Lamb of god owned the title of best band/worst tone. It to me sounds like they recorded with a speaker out of an old 80's buick into a tin soup can. I cant figure out how people find that tinny, crackly, twangy sound appealing but hey thats what makes life fun right? The Burn the Priest cd though sounds pretty damn good, someone should really tell those guys to go back towards that sound imo.

• Members

I wanted to give this an honest reply... so first I had to d/l then listen to it haha..here it is.

It's definetly different to their other albums. I'm not sure why people are complaining about the tone. It's definetly more compressed, but it's also a lot better. I think the tone works well for what they did on this album.

To me, it doesn't sound finished. It sounds like there's more editing to do.

They definetly went in the studio without an idea of what they were gonna do. That comes through in the randomness of some notes, and over done vocals.

I do however LOVE the trash of this album. I think it's got that Far Beyond Driven meet Killswitch with Lamb of God feel to the entire album.

I think it'll grow on us all.

and Hey... if you're one of the best metal bands right now..you can't always have Master of Puppets or Rust in Pieces... you have to have your Risk or Youthanasia albums somewhere.

~AJ. Reid

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

I see the awfully overcompressed mastering is still in full force on this album, yuck
:(

its a way of life now man. unfortunately the majority of the records out there its gonna happen to. it really bugs me that i have to mix a record a with mastering in mind knowing that someone may just ruin the {censored} out of it to get it loud. also, as an engineer i really dig the drums sounds ALOT on this record. pretty sure you guys will dig the guitar tones on the new trivium a bit more though, its pretty unique, yet huge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I love AOTW! Guitar & drum tones suit thier style perfectly. Darker tone would muddy it up. It is really in-your-face sound. Songs are well written. Could have the begining of Omerta on seperate track...kinda annoying hearing it more than 3 times. ATPB is right up there too. Production is not as good though but the songs are just as strong as AOTW. The production on Gospel is Gawd-awful but I like most of the songs. (Damn snare is a speaker killer on Gospel). The new one is at times boring and overly something...
Like many have pointed out, it sounds like they just made it up on the spot. Meaningless notature (is that a word?). Redneck sounds too much like something off of Testament's The Gathering but I didnt hear any Pantera there... Also, after you listen to Sacraments, pop in Ashes, (dont touch the volume). Ashes is so much louder.

• Members

Originally posted by Ebola

I am loving the album so far. I like how they porgress with each album, Never the exact same style/sound.

and metallica gets bashed for doing it. sound weird?

Yeah.

And the new lamb of god could have been a little better.

actually it could have been alot better, theyre still young and theres no reason to start sucking yet. so wtf are they thinking?

Archived