Man, the new Lamb of God

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

...really let me down

Foot to the throat is the only song thats doing anything for me so far, all the rest have had a decent riff here and there, but largely they are garbage so far, borderline nu-metal almost...

I still have the last half of the album to listen to, but so far I'm almost ready to take the cd out and toss it. I can't believe I might not be making it through an entire Lamb of God album...

• Members
Originally posted by blargh

I see the awfully overcompressed mastering is still in full force on this album, yuck
:(

that's why i like palaces better than ashes. but they're all good and they could sound a {censored}ton worse.:thu:

• Members

man, i completely agree. a few good riffs here and there, but the majority is just boring and uninspired sounding. it feels sometimes like they are just throwing notes around on the low strings :mad:

and my god, the solos! what the {censored} happened there? listening to the riffing you think they guys might actually be somewhat decent, until you hear the musical abortion that they stuck in place of a metal solo in 'walk with me in hell'.

well, at least I can say I gave them an honest shot.

ugh.

• Members
Originally posted by Megadeth7684

Yup, I couldn't wait till the album was done. I thought it was boring except those two songs that have been out for a while. The tone is weak again too, just like the last album.

listen to slaughter of the soul again...waaaay weaker my man. they've never had super-awesome-unbelievable solos to begin with...'cept the ones by poland and skolnick. but who listens to LoG for their leads? that's like listening to dream theater for the vocals.:D

• Members
Originally posted by j666

listen to slaughter of the soul again...waaaay weaker my man. they've never had super-awesome-unbelievable solos to begin with...'cept the ones by poland and skolnick. but who listens to LoG for their leads? that's like listening to dream theater for the vocals.
:D

I disagree about SOTS sounding weaker. And really, that was recorded with a $150 solid state Peavey with a Boss Metalzone and Boss HM-2 in front of the clean channel. I'd think Lamb of God would be able to get some heavier tones out of Mesa Mark IV's...but they don't. Maybe they need a better producer.

• Members

I disagree about SOTS sounding weaker. And really, that was recorded with a $150 solid state Peavey with a Boss Metalzone and Boss HM-2 in front of the clean channel. I'd think Lamb of God would be able to get some heavier tones out of Mesa Mark IV's...but they don't. Maybe they need a better producer.

machine doesn't layer guitars to death. he usually only runs one for each guitarist. if he layered and layered, they'd sound like fukken killswitch engages guitars (which aren't bad but it wouldn't sound right) and a whole slew of others as well.

• Members

I disagree about SOTS sounding weaker. And really, that was recorded with a $150 solid state Peavey with a Boss Metalzone and Boss HM-2 in front of the clean channel.

okay.

• Members

machine doesn't layer guitars to death. he usually only runs one for each guitarist. if he layered and layered, they'd sound like fukken killswitch engages guitars (which aren't bad but it wouldn't sound right) and a whole slew of others as well.

Yeah, I read that in Guitar World about the last album, only two total guitar tracks. That's exactly why the last two albums sound so weak to me. I think that's retarded, but hey, I'm not in the band.

• Members

Yeah, I read that in Guitar World about the last album, only two total guitar tracks. That's exactly why the last two albums sound so weak to me. I think that's retarded, but hey, I'm not in the band.

i think it kicks ass...i'm getting sick of some of this over-ultra produced crap. which is waaaay too easy to do nowadays. i'm also sick of everyone trying to make their guitars sound the same. drives me nuts.

• Members

i think it kicks ass...i'm getting sick of some of this over-ultra produced crap. which is waaaay too easy to do nowadays. i'm also sick of everyone trying to make their guitars sound the same. drives me nuts.

I dunno what you listen to, but I don't think many albums sound the same. I'm a sucker for the wall of guitars sound, nothing better than that IMO.

• Members

I dunno what you listen to, but I don't think many albums sound the same. I'm a sucker for the wall of guitars sound, nothing better than that IMO.

yeah, but would you want all bands to do that?

• Members

yeah, but would you want all bands to do that?

I think it sounds awesome, so yes. Not every band uses the same amp, or the same producer, or the same guitar, or the same technique, etc. There's a million things that change the overall sound, so not everything sounds the same even if it's all recorded with a lot of guitar tracks.

• Members

I think it sounds awesome, so yes. Not every band uses the same amp, or the same producer, or the same guitar, or the same technique, etc. There's a million things that change the overall sound, so not everything sounds the same even if it's all recorded with a lot of guitar tracks.

too similar tho...for me anyway. i like variety...tonewise, cuz i'm a death metal guy and everyone tells me it all sounds the same. and some of it does.:thu:

Archived