As everybody

LordRiffenstein

• Members

1 big disclaimer, this is MY amp and it has some extras installed. The 2nd PCB you see in the middle of the chassis is for the extra midi functions. My amp has an extra master volume and a footswitchable boost on the 2nd channel, both midi switchable hence the added PCB. This extra PCB is also the reason why there are extra wiring running from it to the front and back.

For those who don

• Members

Unusual to see that in a PCB amp even all the jacks in the back are handwired instead of just mounted on a separate PCB.

The second small PCB in the middle is a bit strange move though and I imagine all the wiring spaghetti over the main board would make it hard to quickly replace components, requiring you to move the cables out of the way or even solder them off.

What is that in the last pic next to the "666" caps? The thingy with the black triangular metal things?

• Members
Originally posted by Duesentrieb

A fat ass bridge rectifier if I'm not wrong.

in a TO-3 package? haven't seen one like that yet. i was gonna guess that it's either a BJT being used as or a fully-contained standard voltage regulator IC for the MIDI-Schmidi or other control circuitry (like 5V DC logic crap).

presumably the bridge rectifier is actually the 4 discrete diodes in the bottom right corner of that board, under all the blue caps. :p

• Members
Originally posted by LaXu

What is that in the last pic next to the "666" caps? The thingy with the black triangular metal things?

I was told the black thing is a DC heater thing or something.

EDIT: I saw a similar thing in some preamp, I believe a CAE 3+ or so

EDIT2: Editing {censored}ed up the post order?????? :freak:

• Members
Originally posted by BluePowder7

in a TO-3 package? haven't seen one like that yet. i was gonna guess that it's either a BJT being used as or a fully-contained standard voltage regulator IC for the MIDI-Schmidi or other control circuitry (like 5V DC logic crap).

presumably the bridge rectifier is actually the 4 discrete diodes in the bottom right corner of that board, under all the blue caps.
:p

You are correct.

For DC heating you can use a voltage regulator, Yoeri, which dissipate lots of heat. Fat ass regulators can look like this.

I was wrong, sorry.

• Members

Originally posted by LaXu

The second small PCB in the middle is a bit strange move though and I imagine all the wiring spaghetti over the main board would make it hard to quickly replace components, requiring you to move the cables out of the way or even solder them off.

As i said in my first post, the extra pcb is only there because of the additional feature I have in this amp. Standard, it is not there so less wires going over the pcb.

Archived