Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB

dmk

• Members

the JB is all I use...

has the best balance of output, crunch, harmonics and overall musical qualities to my ears...

I have it in my alder bodied lynch and my edwards LP..it sounds different in both, but it smokes either way....

I've tried lots of pups and I always come back to the JB....

• Members

Originally posted by shreder75

the JB is all I use...

has the best balance of output, crunch, harmonics and overall musical qualities to my ears...

I have it in my alder bodied lynch and my edwards LP..it sounds different in both, but it smokes either way....

+1

• Members

Originally posted by guitarslinger

Marty = shredder extraordinaire, musical genius, more melodic than most. formerly of Megadeth.

warren = Ratt lead player, a total monster respected by musicians of all genres

i'll try and steal some of their stuff off teh intarnets

• Members

Originally posted by shreder75

the JB is all I use...

I've tried all kinds of other humbuckers and always seem to come back to the JB myself. I don't even bother trying other pickups anymore. Great pickup for any form of Rock music..from Classic Rock to Metal.

• Members

Originally posted by Hawkeye17

I've tried all kinds of other humbuckers and always seem to come back to the JB myself. I don't even bother trying other pickups anymore. Great pickup for any form of Rock music..from Classic Rock to Metal.

indeed! the only other pup I've liked that I heard lately was the gibson 500 T..that was really nice...

but I'm also done endlessly swapping pups..buying, selling, installing, rippin' them out, wash, rinse repeat..

the JB just always works for me...if it ain't broke, don't fix it =D

• Members

cheers for the response, i think i'm pretty much sold.
i can get the JB along with a SH-2n Jazz in a set. anyone use this combo? apparently seymour duncan himself recommends this pair (or so the website says).

• Members

I love the JB too but I have to tell you guys that the Bare Knuckle "Rebel Yell" is incredible! It's output is about the same and so is the magnet.It just has more of the good qualities of the JB and none of the bad qualities.I know for a fact that shreder75 would love this pickup.

• Members
Originally posted by Hawkeye17

WHAT HE SAID :thu:
GREAT PICKUP

• Members
Originally posted by dmk

cheers for the response, i think i'm pretty much sold.

i can get the JB along with a SH-2n Jazz in a set. anyone use this combo? apparently seymour duncan himself recommends this pair (or so the website says).

I have. The Jazz neck pickup was in and out of my Les Paul faster than the drama queens can post about FabAmps :D
I hated it.. dry..very dry...like an Iranian nuclear test site dry. Like Betty White's nether region dry (-from the W.Shatner Roast). A very popular "go to Duncan neck PUP is the '59, and while I do like it, I have been favoring the Duncan Alnico II neck Pup. It's more "jangly" than a '59.

• Members

Originally posted by ProjectX

I love the JB too but I have to tell you guys that the Bare Knuckle "Rebel Yell" is incredible! It's output is about the same and so is the magnet.It just has more of the good qualities of the JB and none of the bad qualities.I know for a fact that shreder75 would love this pickup.

I'd obviously have to play through one first....

but I'm sorry....a plastic casing, some wires, and a magnet with some wire wrapped around it does not justify the price they're asking for those bare knuckle pickups, man =)

the thing is, to me, the JB has no bad qualities =)

but this is all subjective of course =) as I said ad nauseum, it works for me and I'm not goin to experiment with something I'm perfectly happy with =)

Archived