OT: My dad just fucking broke my guitar...

Wizard7

• Members

Originally posted by KirkHammett1

Shit, you guys would take your old man to court over it?

How old are you? Maybe its time to get off mom's tit and get your own place.

Alright, how about we tell your dad to come and break your stuff, and when he does we can tell you how you shouldn't care because he raised you :rolleyes:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by axe2 2001

{censored} man, grow some balls and move out to your own place where nobody can mess with your gear. Slammin your parents on a website is poor at best.

Jesus...this {censored} obviously JUST happened...so...he really hasn't had time to get his own place.

• Members

Originally posted by axe2 2001

{censored} man, grow some balls and move out to your own place where nobody can mess with your gear. Slammin your parents on a website is poor at best.

"Slammin" some guy who just had his guitar destroyed before his eyes is even worse.

• Members

man that's horrible.

my dad was stressed once from a divorce and came into my room and chucked my guitar across the room and propped it up against my bed and started kicking it at the neck in an attempt to snap it off. she survived though. it's funny that i actually shouted at him to stop it, something i have never done; and i didn't consciouly do it it just came out. i only have one guitar so i'm very protective of her, she's in a temporary coma but i think she'll be okay.

as for you're situation.. man.. just try to salvage some parts if you can.. and hope for the best.

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

Alright, how about we tell your dad to come and break your stuff, and when he does we can tell you how you shouldn't care because he raised you
:rolleyes:

You are obviously reading something that isnt there. This post with the quote you posted makes zero sense.

• Members

Originally posted by Wizard7

He says I spend too much time inside playing guitar and that I'm antisocial (which is true to an extent). He's been really pissed at me recently and stressed from work, and he threw it out the window from the second story onto the driveway. The cost of repairs to fix it would be almost as much as I paid for it, so it's "totaled" I guess.

He says "I'm fucking tired of you playing that damn guitar all day" and that I should be out with friends socializing, etc. Thing is, almost everyone of my friends have become hardcore drug users in the past few years. I have no desire to hang out with them anymore and we've grown apart too.

He's never given me any support or credit with guitar playing, it wouldn't matter if I was playing Far Beyond the Sun or Smoke on the Water, it wouldn't mean shit to him. Fuck!

Oh and...reverse spam: Ibanez RG570...
:(

If you are over 18, press charges. He has no right of breaking your things. Just because he's your dad doesn't make it legal.

• Members

Originally posted by KirkHammett1

You are obviously reading something that isnt there. This post with the quote you posted makes zero sense.

the way I read it was that you were surprised that people would take him to court, and then after that talking about how he should move out...the way I saw it was that you were saying he can't complain unless he's supporting himself.

my bad.

• Members

Originally posted by Facejackets

Jesus...this {censored} obviously JUST happened...so...he really hasn't had time to get his own place.

OK, my first thought was to say somthing like " oh poor bayby " bla, bla , bla, my second thought is to say if your living in a place where other people are controlling your life, you have choices, learn and deal with it or move on. My dad threw my Ross flanger into a pond in a similar episode in 1979! Honestly, he was worried about my future and how I didn't care about anything but music. This talk of sueing people is just {censored} and i'll stand by my original statement. Deal with it, or leave.

Archived