NOVATION ULTRANOVA !!!

LostTsunami

• Members

@acidduck or anyone else that's used one:

Does the switching between the software editor and front panel editing work well? I mean could I start editing on the computer and then jump over to the UN and the last setting I was working on is ready to be adjusted? Say for example I edit the modulation matrix on the computer and jump back to the UN can I change the destination for the last setting I was working on right away? Or if you're editing from the UN itself and switch to the computer is the software editor on the same page? Like if you go to the effects setting on the UN does the software change as well? Are there any kind of visual clues between hardware and software like highlighting in software the setting you had tweaked last on the UN itself?

Wow, good to know the USB interface doesn't send or revive midi to the UN's midi ports. I was thinking about getting one to use as a controller for my rack synths and piping midi from my DAW into them as well. Would there be any glitches if I plugged a USB to midi adapter into the UN and had it hooked up via usb at the same time?

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a question to all Ultranova owners.

Why have none of you felt inclined to write a User Review? There is not one user review of this synth, which has otherwise generated a lot of interest.

I'm very interested in the fate of the Harmony Central User Reviews...it seems no one uses it anymore.

It's a very capable synth, I need to get to know it more before I can do a full review.

• Members

My Ultranova is in a ship somewhere between germany and finland, can't wait! There's very few hands-on videos of this synth on youtube (Katsunoris one would be great if I could understand what he is saying) and I promise to do hands-on-review of this piece when I get it. If you don't mind my bad english as english isn't my native language ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Cool, i'll have to hit that up soon. Wonder if they have it at the Lynnwood location.

Southcenter isn't getting them for sure so don't waste a trip. Not sure about Lynwood. I just returned from the one on Westlake Ave. in North Seattle.

• Members

I dunno, without trying them in person...

The Venom just looks/sounds like garbage in the videos (and I like inexpensive VAs)

but the UltraNova seemed to have a bit more content or depth, particularly with the wavetables.

Don't count out the Venom too quickly. I thought it sounded fine in person, but its presets focus too much on trying to sound edgy and unusual; Those kinds of sound probably don't compress well over YouTube. Go give one a listen if you have a chance.

DISCLAIMER: Not affiliated with Avid or Gus Industries in any way shape or form. Mostly.

Archived