Zakk the bad ass.

Burka Gone Wild

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by ***1776***

His acoustic/solo work is really good, also the few songs i heard from pride and glory are also kickass..

Why did he stop doing this and start that biker/BLS {censored}? (24/7)
:(:confused:

Who knows. Money talks I guess.

Either way, he's beating the crap out of that LP and picking up a storm.

• Members

can Zakk sweep pick?

I'm not trying to be a tool.

Although I don't like his stuff generally, I honestly have never heard/seen him sweep pick. I think it would be really hard with the giant ass strings he uses, using an LP, and his "MUST KILL STRINGS" picking style.

If someone could post something with him sweeping it would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

can Zakk sweep pick?

Although I don't like his stuff generally, I honestly have never heard/seen him sweep pick. I think it would be really hard with the giant ass strings he uses, using an LP, and his "MUST KILL STRINGS" picking style.

If someone could post something with him sweeping it would be greatly appreciated.

No he doesn't. And who really gives a {censored}. It gets boring after a few seconds and it's all for show. Does nothing harmonically.

In another vid he's asked if he sweeps, and he says his wife has him sweeping all {censored}ing day. Really though, he then goes on to say that that's YJM's thing and he has no desire to play anything other than pentatonic shred. He then went on and did a couple of sweeps just to prove that it's really no biggy.

He said a similar thing about tapping. He said that Eddie basically started it and it's his thing. Then he went on and demonstrated a couple taps.

• Members

Originally posted by bob the dentist

can Zakk sweep pick?

Zakk has done quite a few 2 string "sweep" (if you'd call it that) runs in a few of his solos before, but no legit sweep picking.

Book of Shadows, Pride and Glory, Stronger Than Death, Sonic Brew, and 1919 Eternal are all quality albums.

Also, the Ozzy cd "No Rest for the Wicked" has some of my favorite guitar playing on it, and it is the reason I picked up a guitar to begin with. Anyone that hasn't heard Zakk play on that album I would reccommend it for sure. If my memory is correct, I believe he was only 19 years old at the time he recorded it.

• Members

Originally posted by code_blue

BLS sucks though, its the worst thing I have ever seen in my entire life.

Have you heard his earlier stuff though? Pride and Glory, Book of Shadows, ect.?

If you have, and still don't dig it, it's cool, but that stuff definately does not 'suck'. All of the earlier stuff has some great playing and songwriting.

Archived