cerebrosis

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At least they took away the worst part of the Little Phatty
:)

If you mean the keyboard, I agree.

However, my only concern with using this in a 'performance' capacity would be the lack of the analog pitch/mod wheels.

One of my favourite parts of the little phatty kb was the way the pitch bend wheel reacted so musically and smoothly. No stepping as it was completely analog - this will now all depend on the resolution of the pitch bend wheel on your controller.

• Members

If you mean the keyboard, I agree.

However, my only concern with using this in a 'performance' capacity would be the lack of the analog pitch/mod wheels.

One of my favourite parts of the little phatty kb was the way the pitch bend wheel reacted so musically and smoothly. No stepping as it was completely analog - this will now all depend on the resolution of the pitch bend wheel on your controller.

Yes I was certainly refering to that god awful, way beneath Moog quality keyboard.

But you do bring up a valid point, as Moog resolution for their pitch and mod wheels is generally pretty good from my understanding.

• Members

Pitchbend uses NRPN values instead of MIDI CCs. That means 16,386 possible values... no stepping.... right?

What I'm wondering is what other MIDI controller info it will accept. Velocity? Aftertouch? Tempo-synced LFOs? Arp gate? Programmable filter and res sweeps?

Or is this just good old-fashioned technology with access to only note on/off? :p

• Members

Pitchbend uses NRPN values instead of MIDI CCs. That means 16,386 possible values... no stepping.... right?

Not exactly. The quality of the pitch bend mechanism/tracking of the controller has a lot to do with it.

Eg: If I use my S90 to control a softsynth and pitch-bend with its excellent pitch-bend wheel, it's smooth and seamless.

If I try the same thing with my Novation Nocturn49 it's a lot less smooth.

With my Korg R3, it's horrible - VERY blatant stepping.

• Members

Yes. At this price point it's too expensive for me. I'd rather get a Mopho keyboard for less money.

New nickname... the SLAT (SLATTY) :lol:

The Slat will be mine if the price drops enough.

I like the Mopho but the voice in my head keeps say'n no

:)

• Members

''Rack Ears

For those who wish to rack mount their SP, Moog Music offers matching metal rack ears for the Slim

Phatty. Ships with the required washers and screws.

Wood Frame

For those who wish to use their Slim Phatty as a table-top module, Moog Music offers a custom wood frame that enhances the look of the SP and provides that classic vintage vibe.

MP-201 Multi-Pedal

The MP-201 Multi-Pedal is a programmable four channel CV/MIDI/USB foot pedal controller featuring four Analog Control Voltage Outputs, four independent LFOs, MIDI In, Out & MIDI over USB, MIDI Clock Sync & Tap Tempo, User Editable Presets, and Programmable Heel & Toe Voltages. Plug one into the Slim Phatty and experience the Power of the Pedal!

EP2 Expression Pedal

The EP2 Expression Pedal is the finest expression pedal available. Its smooth action gives it the accuracy musicians need for precise, playable control. The heavy construction (2.5 lbs) provides a solid feel, and an output level control allows you to adjust the expression range of the pedal.

CP-251 Control Voltage Processor

The CP-251 Control Voltage Processor offers a number CV processing options that can be used with any Slim Phatty, Moogerfooger analog effects module, or other voltage-controlled gear. The CP-251 provides a dual waveform LFO, Noise Generator, and Sample-and-Hold circuit, as well as two active Attenuators, a Lag Processor, a CV Mixer and a 4-way Multiple. This powerful combination allows you to modify, mix, and distribute control voltages to produce the incredible variety of sounds and effects that analog synthesizers are famous for.

VST Little Phatty Editor

The VST Little Phatty Editor is a VST-format software application that provides full control and editing of presets and performance controls on your Little Phatty/Slim Phatty via MIDI from within your VST-compatible host application. It allows total management of custom sounds directly within your sequencing or music production environment. All parameters are fully automatable, giving you the ability to dynamically program the Little Phatty/Slim Phatty to respond to your music (VST-compatible host required).

Little Phatty Editor/Librarian Software

The ultimate software tool for editing and organizing Little Phatty/Slim Phatty presets. The Editor/Librarian software allows you to send, receive, edit, organize and archive individual presets or preset banks. A single edit screen provides access to all of the preset parameters

• Members

Who cares if the SP is not something new? It hits the right price point and makes owning a Moog affordable for more people. I'm in. Love the Voyager, but it's out of my price range. Had planned on a LP for a future purchase, but I'll go for the SP so I can get a Moog sooner. And for those who don't like the LP's keyboard, now you can get a Phatty and use the controller of your choice. The SP could very well become Moog's top seller. (Yeah, we all want a poly Moog synth, but how affordable will it be for the average Joe?)

Archived