Wow, Explosions in the Sky video

FWAxeIbanez

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awesome band, but I am almost positive they just put the music from the album over the video footage. It sounds EXACTLY the same as the album minus the cheers at the end obviously. Great band, and cool live show as well.

• Members

Originally posted by taken

Awesome band, but I am almost positive they just put the music from the album over the video footage. It sounds EXACTLY the same as the album minus the cheers at the end obviously. Great band, and cool live show as well.

I was sorta thinkin that too, except the drums are almost exactly spot on... the sound is out of sync for sure. Whether thats from a bad cut and paste type of thing or because of bad encoding, who knows... They really are in perfect time with it, and I keep lookin for somethin way out of place... I dunno, but I love this song to death, and the whole ending just blew my doors off regardless

they are playing in San Francisco on the 11th, I'm gonna try desperately to go. I'll be able to tell you how spot on they are then.

Sir Nipon, you should come too!

• Members
Originally posted by taken

My thoughts also, fantastic band though would love to see them play, theres something about seeing a band like that with a wall of noise/reverb going on that is just:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Diablo II

damn i was into much happier & stronger music when i was that young, and now still. This is depressive.

stronger music? thats about as strong as music gets in my book:)

I love all types of music, hardcore, post rock, metal, punk, ska, electronica, drum 'n' bass, theres good stuff everywhere!

• Members
Originally posted by des67

I love all types of music, hardcore, post rock, metal, punk, ska, electronica, drum 'n' bass, theres good stuff everywhere!

true that, negro. althoguh personally I could live without the ska :p

• Members
Originally posted by des67

lol i don't like all the types of music you listed exept metal.

I like jazz, blues, 80's metal, hard rock.

These songs are :bor: coz they evocate such stupid sad emotions in a boring way, very ripetitive... i can't find out how can they have fun playing this kind of music

• Members
Originally posted by Diablo II

lol i don't like all the types of music you listed exept metal.

I like jazz, blues, 80's metal, hard rock.

These songs are
:bor:
coz they evocate such stupid sad emotions in a boring way, very ripetitive... i can't find out how can they have fun playing this kind of music

A lot of their music gives me a sense of "ascension" rising out of a calm into a powerful happiness that's not absurd or hedonistic, but just a happiness derived from being happy about where you are, and who you are, and being in this moment. It's music about self-reflection, at least to my ears, and that's ok every once in a while. I am 19 also btw, and I listen to way more music than just the categories you or the other guy posted, though I primarily like jazz, blues, hard rock, classic rock, 90s alternative, prog rock, post-rock, reggae, even some rap, etc, in no particular order. The truth is not all music is just about dancing and having fun in a group of people, or riding around on a summer day with the windows down with your music too loud. Sometimes your taking the train home after a night of just pure elation and your sitting alone on the drunk train thinking, "That night will always be one of the best of my life," exhausted, but eyes wide open trying to remember every detail before those moments slip through your grasp and become just the pale painting of what your night was. Sometimes, you dont evne know what was so good about that night, but you're just driving home without a worry, completely content. That's when I listen to this stuff.

But anyway, of course it's not difficult to play, but the composition is incredibly powerful. I played a lot of classical and very difficult pieces with my jazz band and the ensemble at my HS ( I was first trumpet in a level 6 band), and I could play all of that stuff with just a little work, but that didnt make the writing less brilliant, the interweaving of the parts less impressive, the emotion that was innate in the composition, the emotion that playing that music forced me to take on. Sometimes, it didnt matter what I felt, the music felt for me. That's brilliant, and I could never write that, though I played it quite well.

Archived