December new gear thread!

evildragon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Do you have them all now or bought and sold and not on number 4?

This had definitely been a splurge month for me.

Bought and sold.

1st New keyboard

2nd Used keyboard

3rd New Rack

4th New keyboard

I going to try to make that it for gear for the year and hopefully many years to come besides an upgrade to Pro Tools 9. I have enough to do anything besides live audio applications. Even got a full on DJ rig.

College is getting me away from the tech so much and into composition and application.

• Members

As much as I see the old Roland racks around here in Seattle, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on one. What am I missing?

Maybe not much really except for the real Hoover sound. I have a SH-3 and Jupiter 6 and just wanted some more Roland analog sounds on the cheap. I might look into the other MKS modules later but, they seem to be going for a lot more.

• Members

As stated in my other thread I'm picking up a Blofeld finally after putting it off forever (had to pick up a Matamp for my guitar rig first) and getting one of the White Wash Moog Lpfs from Nova music. I'm thinking with my Moog Ring Mod, Snazzy Fx Tracer City and new Lpf the Blofeld is going to sound amazing and take up all my time for the next couple of months. Anyone ran the Blofeld through a Moog Lpf? I'm sure it'll sound excellent. What kind of controller do you guys think I should pick up for it?

• Members

Maybe not much really except for the real Hoover sound. I have a SH-3 and Jupiter 6 and just wanted some more Roland analog sounds on the cheap. I might look into the other MKS modules later but, they seem to be going for a lot more.

They've got Juno 60 at this used store in Seattle that needs a little work and some new wood ends. Thought about buying it before the Nord but they wanted too much for it considering its' condition. They've got a few vintage digitals too. Wouldn't mind a Prophet VS since Dave keeps hacking at the analog side of his synths and not the digital.

• Members

They've got Juno 60 at this used store in Seattle that needs a little work and some new wood ends. Thought about buying it before the Nord but they wanted too much for it considering its' condition. They've got a few vintage digitals too. Wouldn't mind a Prophet VS since Dave keeps hacking at the analog side of his synths and not the digital.

Ha, must be Trading Musician eh?

• Members
Ironically Cubase
started
as MIDI only sequencer back in the day (and yes it worked with external MIDI hardware beautifully)! So I presume it has something to do with setting your MIDI outputs or the like...

Even when you set up everything properly sometimes it just won't work as it should (and i exclusively used Cubase for MIDI). Then there's also that annoying MIDI lag, where you have to close all other MIDI devices and mess with windows timecode in order for it to record notes real time on grid, which again in the middle of the project sometimes won't work and you end in a lag again, which makes you wana take the whole fcking PC box and throw it onto a programmer from the 10th floor - it's just one of those moments of frustration.

• Members

Etienne, move to Presonus Studio. It completely changed my life...you will laugh at Cubase once you move to Presonus. Simple drag and drop of audio file with automatic bpm match (not that crappy Cubase time stretch). Setting a sidechain channel takes a click of a button, moving inserts with drag and drop or copying them etc. But most important totally clean layout for easy navigation and genius UI to the point that the latest Sonar copied it...

Yeah, how S1 Pro isn't the new standard by now really amazes me.

Everyone using other garbage out there have no idea what they're missing...

Archived