December new gear thread!

evildragon

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Probably a bit too harsh a word, but with that in mind I have another word for you; mastering.

Nice mastering tools in Studio 1, but the freeware "market" isn't far behind.

As long as you have a multi insert channel at the master bus in a Reaper (and i'm sure there's one), you can do about just the same. Assuming one knows exactly what he's doing and why, if not, the best DAW won't help. There are some nice freeware plugins out there - that will do the job just the same. I think we have a thread about that on GS. Need to dig it out.

To be honest, i went S1 mostly for that Eyecandy UI with flat panel surface and no annoying floating windows. S1 is king in that department. In fact i kinda miss that old archaic Cubase UI or heaven forbid, to route something to a sidechain channel. Damn, in Studio 1 every kid can do it in a mouse click. :lol:

• Members

To Acid Hazard,

Didn't see a Morpho there so it might be gone. I've been going to trader stores and pawn shops as I'm getting to know the city. Just grab the yellow pages and a Tom Tom and get to it when you've got some free time. Most of the stuff I'm coming across is pretty abused though. Must be all that Grunge music. Kats don't seem to take care of their equipment here.

• Members

So far, I love it. SMOOTH transient response, works well on my voice. Much smoother and pleasant than my friends new AKG P420. Attached-to-the-shockmount pop filter is a Godsend, although it's positioning joints seem loose. Feels very solid, the free high quality XLR is a nice touch. Wish it had a case, I'll probably built my own. I'll be posting samples of it on piano here soon, for those of you in to that sort of thing.

RodeNT1-A.png

Archived