Want to "thicken up" my Jackson RR-1T, ideas?

guitarist17

• Members

Originally posted by -todgemistro-

Just wondering, why not?

I suppose it depends where you are in the world though, as they can be expensive for americans I think. Probably cheaper to get Duncans, Dimarzio or some US handwound I guess.

I am in the UK.

I have installed a bunch of bare's for customers and owned a set of nailbombs and warpigs.

TBH they don't really have a lot of character to them. I mean, I wanted the warpigs out the second I had them in. I just didn't get on with them. But then, others do, but I think a lot of that is "I just forked out

• Members

I've never quite got this 'Invader=muddy' thing either, I've got one in an old Korean BC Rich Warlock and it cuts through fine. I think it's a pretty handy pickup, it doesn't provide a particularly 'hi-fi' sound but it's certainly got some bite.

In my main axe, I've got an EMG 85 and I'm more or less settled on that. For the moment at least...

• Members

Originally posted by mparsons

The JB is apretty thin sounding pickup

Try a SD Invader or an EMG 85/89.

+1 on the invader. It thickened my Strat up. And I really dislike the JB in my Agile. It just lacks something. I am thinking of trading it for something else.

• Members
Originally posted by satannica

I am in the UK.

I have installed a bunch of bare's for customers and owned a set of nailbombs and warpigs.

TBH they don't really have a lot of character to them. I mean, I wanted the warpigs out the second I had them in. I just didn't get on with them. But then, others do, but I think a lot of that is "I just forked out

Archived