Mesa Stiletto Clip

thefyn

• Members

Originally posted by danbronson

Damn man. Maybe it's because I was listening to old Radiohead just prior, but that flat-out rocked.

Cool playing and tone. Did you write that bit?

Yeah I wrote it a while back. I know everyone does this style now (I never do break downs) but I always kinda liked holding the mute on it. I have a few other riffs I am going to add to it to turn it into a song.

• Members
Originally posted by thefyn

Yeah I wrote it a while back. I know everyone does this style now (I never do break downs) but I always kinda liked holding the mute on it. I have a few other riffs I am going to add to it to turn it into a song.

Post it when you're finished. It's really catchy. Better than most of the stuff I hear in this style, even if it is just a couple riffs.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by inkwachemis

oh, and are u running JJ kt77s in there? if so, what tonal differences u found with that and el34s?

I'm about to fully retube my stilleto. gonna go with tungsols in v1 and v2, and jj ecc83s in the rest of the slots.

wonderng if i should get winged =C= el34s or the jjkt77s

I think compared to El34's, 6l6's there is CLARITY. I know with this amp I can cut through with even the fastest downtuned madness and still get the tune across. I think I am a convert. I could be wrong, because the tung sol pres in there also makes an amp focussed. All I know, is that I LOVE THIS AMP.

It does require a boost to get the best out of it. A tube screamer would be perfect because you actually want to cut some bass/flab (and that is what a YJM does, robs bass in exchange for punch) Which is fine because without a boost it can sound a bit saggy.

The real clincher for me is the cleans. They are sublime.

I have tubes coming for my triple recto soon. I was expecting the triple to be my fav for this style...But it has a lot to live up to! (It blew a tube when I switched it on so I have not risked playing it yet) :-(

• Members

hey owen i dig that man. quite different, but very cool none the less. i hate to bust your balls, but i doubt you are going to like that triple as much as the stiletto. i kinda know the tones you go after, and im gonna overstep my boundaries and say you should have gotten a single recto if you wanted a recto, they just sound worlds better to me, especially with a boost. you heard mine when i was running a 5150 and recto together. i just was never a fan of the triple i guess. post a clip when you can though.

chris

• Members

Originally posted by guitarist17

hey owen i dig that man. quite different, but very cool none the less. i hate to bust your balls, but i doubt you are going to like that triple as much as the stiletto. i kinda know the tones you go after, and im gonna overstep my boundaries and say you should have gotten a single recto if you wanted a recto, they just sound worlds better to me, especially with a boost. you heard mine when i was running a 5150 and recto together. i just was never a fan of the triple i guess. post a clip when you can though.

chris

I am basing my triple recto gas on Testaments use of the triple. I think he used a tube screamer with one. And my OD does the same thing as a tube screamer (only not quite as nice)

I think worst case the blend of the 2 recorded will be my recording set up. I will get the tubes today or tomorrow so I will update you.

I'll be bringing both amps over for thanksgiving if you fancy bringing yours and having an amp fest..hehe

• Members

Originally posted by NoodleFace

Different tone that I normally hear for that type of music, unique to say the least.

I agree. I have never had a sound like this. Do you have any settings for your triple recto? I may have new tubes coming for my new one tonight.

Archived