During gigs, what is your backup to your tube amp?

Bassified

• Members
Originally posted by danbronson

My backup amp is the other bands' amps. I know, I know...I'm a bastard. I hate it when people use my {censored} too, but I'd probably lend an amp if someone's crapped out and they had no backup.

Do you always have a warmup act and do they always hang around for your show?

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Do you always have a warmup act and do they always hang around for your show?

Almost every single show I've played with all my bands (except my cover band, which I should have brought a backup for when we were still gigging) has been with at least two or three other bands.

• Members

No backup , and since I have good gear and take care of it , and I'm nice with people , I think someone would lend me another one if I had a problem . Never happened though , and I guess I'll bring a crate pwoerblock and a good pedal as soon as I have a bit of money .

• Members

My onstage backup is a prayer and the goodwill of people in other bands.
One time I played a show where I borrowed a cab and head from two different people. Long story short, the cab blew (my fault) and I had to play the last part of the last song on the second guitarists guitar and rig. I switched gear midsong, which was totaly awesome. Just remember, the show must go on.

• Members

Thankfully, I've built up enough good karma over the years of playing that if all else failed, I'd have a backup. The odds of both of my amps dying on me is slim to none, but if by chance it happened, let's hope that the times that I lent someone else my amp worked to my advantage.

Archived