THAT

IS

THE

TRUTH,

NOT

SOME

SALES

PITCH

That cockamamy crap is just made up to sell tubes.

Jerry

Mesas and Soldanos handle KT88s just fine :o

...... ok, I only ran two at a time .......... :cry: :cry:

• Members

Originally posted by JerryP

Hey Tweed,

{censored} off and get a life! We all know you hate Peavey, move on and let it go. Do you need a 12 step program? I'll take up a collection for you if you need me to.

Jerry

not to be a cocksucker or anything but i don't think that properly displays a professional business owner...:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by cheesemaster

not to be a cocksucker or anything but i don't think that properly displays a professional business owner...
:rolleyes:

Ask me if I care. If you knew anything about me you'd know I'm not PC. I tell it like it is, take it or leave it. Would you prefer I lie my ass off and tell you all the car salesmen type bull{censored} like other people do? Not gonna happen.

Jerry

• Members

Originally posted by cheesemaster

not to be a cocksucker or anything but i don't think that properly displays a professional business owner...
:rolleyes:

Says the guy who's been around here for a whole month. Jerry is one of the most helpful guys on this forum, and he knows his {censored}. You on the other hand...need to shut the {censored} up.

• Members

Originally posted by syxstringslayer

Hey jerry, So you cant mod it to run maybe 6550s

or something of that nature? I imagine it would

be even more powerful... I Love the thickness.

The 5150 needs a good amount of mods to run 6550's. I've done it to my 5150 and I honestly thought it sounded like muddy {censored}. EL34's are the worst. 6V6's actually didn't sound too bad. The 6L6 is the tube for that amp IMO. It keeps the bottom end tight and punchy. 6550's add distortion in the power section that you don't need in that amp.

I'd be happy to take your money if you wanna try them, but I really don't think they'll give you the tone you think they will.

Jerry

• Members

I'd be happy to take your money if you wanna try them, but I really don't think they'll give you the tone you think they will.

Jerry

i appreciate that you don't stop after the first part of this statement...most people stop with the sentiment of the first line. you and trace from voodoo amps are two of the most trustworthy guys i've encountered in the music biz. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by JimAnsell

hes probably so sick of answering the same questions about the bloody thing.

thats why we need a 5150 FAQ sticky on the amp fourm so that he doesn't have to confirm these kind of things once a week.

It does get kinda old! I can't even begin to tell you how many emails I get about this. I have a 5150 FAQ on my forum, I just added the tube info.

Jerry

• Members

It does get kinda old! I can't even begin to tell you how many emails I get about this. I have a 5150 FAQ on my forum, I just added the tube info.

Jerry

Jerry, can you explain the differences between the 5150 and the 5150 II? Also, are the 5150 and 6505 different? Oh and I've heard the block letter ones sound the best. Is that true?

:D :D :D :D :D

Archived