R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner 1967 - 2001

The Broken Remain

• Members

Originally posted by WarriorJames

I remember that day very well. I remember telling my buddy that he passed on. He started crying right there and then. We were in high school standing out side of the shitty cafeteria near the water foutain. Our hang out

:(

Chuck died the day after my grandfather passed away. I was completely crushed. I started playing guitar just a couple of months before then, all because of bands like Death. :cry:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, to those who aren't as familiar with Death, or haven't heard much of their material, listen to the song "Voice of the Soul" from the Sound of Perseverance album.

It is by far my favorite instrumental song of all time. There aren't too many words that can be put to the song besides that it is just an amazing work.

• Members

Originally posted by WarriorJames

Hey man I totally agree. {censored} MTV

If you're comparing Chuck's death to Dimebag's I'd prefer Chuck's the way it is. Along with all the praise Dimebag gets as a dead musician a lot of companies use his "martyrdom" as a method to make money. Think of all the signature models and other little things that are sold in his name. That is not how one should honour the dead.

• Members

Originally posted by The Broken Remain

:(

Chuck died the day after my grandfather passed away. I was completely crushed. I started playing guitar just a couple of months before then, all because of bands like Death.
:cry:

Hey man thats tuff. Death is a beggining of something new. Part of life that unfortately we have to deal with. I lost my nephew when he was only 3 months old so I know the feeling. CHuck was definately one of my heros. He inspired me to play. I have a few songs that I wrote with similar sounding patterns as chuck. I hope in our band that we get to play them as something as a tribute to him.

• Members

Originally posted by The Broken Remain

Also, to those who aren't as familiar with Death, or haven't heard much of their material, listen to the song "Voice of the Soul" from the Sound of Perseverance album.

It is by far my favorite instrumental song of all time. There aren't too many words that can be put to the song besides that it is just an amazing work.

Its my favorite instrumental song too. It always chokes me up when I hear it. You can really feel the emotion in that song.

• Members

www.emptywords.org

Chuck was definitely an inspiration to me. I found a Spiritual Healing tape along side the road, and was like what is this, lol. It forever changed my my playing. I had every CD up through Symbolic by the end of the school year. I got SOP as soon as it came out. Death was one of the best out there, and will continue to inspire for years to come :)

• Members

I remember when I found out he died...I had just bought the Death Live in L.A. video and was watching it when i realized that I hadn't checked to see how he was doing in a while....only to go to emptywords.org to see that he had already passed on. That was a sad day for me. Chuck is and was one of my biggest influences in guitar playing, since I found Death at 15 (25 now). Glad to see some people remember ;)

• Members

my first exposure to Chuck's music was buying the cassette tape of the "Leprosy" album shortly after reading a magazine interview with him - I though, "wow, this guys seems normal - not like some asshole 'rockstar'." This was back in the late 80s... I was amazed, as I had never heard music like that before!! :eek: I quickly taught myself how to play "Pull the Plug" and it was one of the very first songs I ever transcribed by myself in a notebook I had back then.

R.I.P. Chuck - a TRUE metal warrior :cry:

here's a live video of "Pull the Plug":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHbWW_oiA8

• Members

Originally posted by Chudanez

Wow, a proper pit. I almost forgot what they looked like because of gay hardcore dancing.

Yeah, I saw that, and was like, where is kung fu man? where is picking up pennies man? lol

Well, I jammed Human today. I was the only one I had on my Mp3 player, but Im gonna upload a few more tonight...

Archived