halfin reports from VH rehearsal

evhfan

• Members
Originally posted by BAZGUITARMAN

I`m going to skip this whole new chapter in the ever sinking VH saga. This is just sad. These guys always will be one of my faves, but they insult every fan with the way they do things now. It`s all about $$$$ now. Just like KISS with the reunion tours.

I won`t waste my money on this disaster.

Eric

The thing is, he doesn't owe anybody anything. I am glad he shared his talent with the world and sure everyone is disappointed he didn't continue on, but that was his choice.

It is hard to see all the red tape and bull{censored} he had to go through being a rock star. When everyone has their hand in the pot benefiting from his talent, it would tend to make a person bitter, don't you think? :o

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by The Evil Dr. X

The thing is, he doesn't owe anybody anything. I am glad he shared his talent with the world and sure everyone is disappointed he didn't continue on, but that was his choice.

It is hard to see all the red tape and bull{censored} he had to go through being a rock star. When everyone has their hand in the pot benefiting from his talent, it would tend to make a person bitter, don't you think?
:o

{censored} that whining assed bull{censored}-Ed literally had enough cash to bail in '84/'85. Great investing seperates the haves/have nots in the biz, and Ed had some doozies.

Unlike people busting their asses to make a living, or get signed, like lots of "celebs", all he has to do is go away.
Stay home and record his scary jazz prog (snore...) crap, release it on the net fo'free! Teach music @ UCLA, or god for {censored}ing bid, do, oh...., er,....Charity work?

Next stop-Branson, (or the morgue).

• Members

Well I do think it isn't the same without Anthony but if you can replace one instrument and have it not kill the band it's bass (unless you are Primus). IMHO unless they get Roth or Hagar back it's just not going to be good. Lightning rarely strikes twice and it NEVER strikes a third time as Gary Cherone proved. I hope they are good but I need to see it to believe it.

• Members
Originally posted by leadfootdriver

I'm sure he's a great kid, but that's weak.
:rolleyes:
The fans don't wanna see some kid on Bass for a reunion tour. Get MA back, he's 1/3 of the band.

You sir are 100% Righhhhhhhhhttttttt

It has to be Michael Anthony or it may just suck or will it.???

Ed still needs to get his chops back on par , and maybe his drinking ???

Although this could be very , very interesting . :rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::idea:

• Members

Few, if any, outside of the VH inner circle know what the band is sounding like these days, so why not simply wait to hear 'em and THEN make a judgement. All this conjecture about this upcoming tour without MA makes about as much sense as looking at an ultrasound and telling the world how cute your baby is. You won't know until you see it.

• Members

Originally posted by Maxx61

Few, if any, outside of the VH inner circle know what the band is sounding like these days, so why not simply wait to hear 'em and THEN make a judgement. All this conjecture about this upcoming tour without MA makes about as much sense as looking at an ultrasound and telling the world how cute your baby is. You won't know until you see it.

Because VH are assholes. kicking out michael anthony was an assholish move on their part. i don't care how good they are. i don't listen to music that is performed by assholes.

• Members
Originally posted by Maxx61

But sometimes you have at least an idea such as if it appears an extra leg is growing out of the head of the thing. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

Well I do think it isn't the same without Anthony but if you can replace one instrument and have it not kill the band it's bass (unless you are Primus). IMHO unless they get Roth or Hagar back it's just not going to be good. Lightning rarely strikes twice and it NEVER strikes a third time as Gary Cherone proved. I hope they are good but I need to see it to believe it.

Exactly!

Eddie alone does not make "Van Halen". Mach III went down in flames and no new tricks came out of his bag with that lp. I also didnt see anything in his playing on the xxx vids that impressed me either. I think he forgot his own formula for success. He might be better off going out on a solo piano tour, seriously.

• Members

Well I like MA's style but it's not like what he's doing is rocket science. I would imagine the kid can pull it off just fine.

That's not the issue. It's the pathetic nepotism that's at work here. Ed's no different from some dickhead dad who coaches the little league team and puts his fat teenage son in the starting lineup when he has no {censored}ing business being there.

Actually, this is the equivalent of the manager of an MLB team doing the same.

• Members

Originally posted by Romanian Reaper

On the last tour, Wolfie came out and ripped it up while joining his dad on stage for the solo.

Zakk Wylde was only 19 or so when he joined Ozzy. The kid might be pretty good.

did you actually see this tour in person...ripped it up is hardly what the kid did...he played the chords to 316 while his dad soloed over it...i'll give him props for that , going out infront of all those people....but that's hardly "ripping it up"

• Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

That's not the issue. It's the pathetic nepotism that's at work here. Ed's no different from some dickhead dad who coaches the little league team and puts his fat teenage son in the starting lineup when he has no {censored}ing business being there.

Actually, this is the equivalent of the manager of an MLB team doing the same.

I agree with you about that aspect of it I was just saying that musically I don't think it would change much. I thought it was crap that they outed Anthony but that wasn't the point of this I was adressing.

• Members

I agree with you about that aspect of it I was just saying that musically I don't think it would change much. I thought it was crap that they outed Anthony but that wasn't the point of this I was adressing.

If Wolfgang can play the bass line to "Push Comes to Shove," then I'll be impressed.

"Deceptively simple" is what I'd call Michael Anthony's bass playing.

• Members

Originally posted by shredhead666

It's confirmed that EVH is asking DLR to re-join.

"confirmed that he's asking" and "confirmed that DLR is on board" are too different things...

i find it hard to believe that DLR wouldn't laugh at the prospect of going out on an arena tour w/ a 15 year old kid that's never played a live date in his life...

• Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

If Wolfgang can play the bass line to "Push Comes to Shove," then I'll be impressed.

"Deceptively simple" is what I'd call Michael Anthony's bass playing.

I didn't say he wasn't good I just said it's not like he's a technical monster or something.

• Members
Originally posted by evhfan

"confirmed that he's asking" and "confirmed that DLR is on board" are too different things...

i find it hard to believe that DLR wouldn't laugh at the prospect of going out on an arena tour w/ a 15 year old kid that's never played a live date in his life...

I could easily play Michael Anthony's bass parts and do all his backup vocals and my Dad aint a guitar god.

I bet he can handle it. :thu:

Archived