The 20 Greatest DJ's of all time.

MuzikB

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the other day i saw a video of a DJ on MTV who was pretending to play his latest release from a vinyl when it was totally obvious that the music actually was coming from a playback triggered by someone off screen.

This must be the ultimate fake-pretending to playback a playback!

Now that's just ridiculously lame. I've done my fair share of DJ'ing, and mixing tracks together to keep energy up on a dance floor certainly does take skill and technique. If you get into turntableism, then there's a lot of technique involved. Turntables/mixer can be a real instrument that requires learned skill to do well.

It's just as easy to be a douchebag with a set of turntables as it is with any other instrument. Don't hate on DJ's, rather hate on the percentage of the human populace that thinks playing someone else's music makes them an 'artist.' No different from some shmuck playing a bad 'brown eyed girl' cover on guitar at a party to the oohs and ahhs of intellectually challenged females.

Most good DJ's write their own material, in addition to creating mixes and spinning at parties.

Archived