Are all tube amps generally unpredictable?

Bassified

• Members

Originally posted by Bassified

Are those problems occuring on the Mesa and Bogner?

Nah no problems. I just think they sound a little different each time i turn it on. I am referring to my Mesa Road King. It still sounds good but sometimes it sounds like one million bucks.

• Members

Originally posted by tlp123

No, not as long as what is between the two ears listening to it is

So it's basically the atmosphere or enviroment?

Originally posted by tlp123

Nah no problems. I just think they sound a little different each time i turn it on. I am referring to my Mesa Road King. It still sounds good but sometimes it sounds like one million bucks.

In that case, if both SS and tube amps alter tone due to atmosphere and enviroment, maybe I should just focus on getting a tube amp?

• Members

Originally posted by Bassified

Does the tone changes occur for solid state amps or moreso with tube amps?

I'd pretty much swear it's the same thing..sound is basically frequencies that bounce off different objects and are reflected in your ears.

If you play a gig outside, or in a gymnasium, bedroom, all those structures affect the sound. Playing with halfstack in a carpet covered room, concrete

Whether it's a tube amp or ss, there will be a difference IMO even if it's slight .

Correct me guys if I'm wrong, but I think this appears to be common logic.

Interesting topic nonetheless

• Members
Originally posted by yngwiehendrix

Don't mind this guy everyone, he is a usda, grade {censored}ing A, dumb{censored} troll, want proof? Search for the 'Roccaforte is nothing but a half-assed Marshall clone' thread.

Ya, I'd like to give someone a little dense the benefit of the doubt. But this can't be real.

• Members

Originally posted by yngwiehendrix

Don't mind this guy everyone, he is a usda, grade {censored}ing A, dumb{censored} troll, want proof? Search for the 'Roccaforte is nothing but a half-assed Marshall clone' thread.

And....... Birthday January 4, 1984

Biography I am a guitarist/gear freak

Location in my chair,in my house,on cape cod,in massachusetts,in the USA,on planet Earth,orbiting the Sun,in the Milky Way Galaxy,within the Universe.......in a glass jar

Interests writting songs, practicing guitar, recording, Building/modifying tube amps, winding guitar pickups

Occupation musician..... not really

Proud profile huh? ...get a grip baby boy. DR steals from inept little kids like you. As far as any "glorius tube amp" goes, this is really how it goes.....the Bassman from Leo Fender really came from the RCA Tube manual, Jim Marshalls was the same thing BUT with crappy parts that they had in England at the time to make the SAME THING the best they could, and ever since then countless others have been cooking up the same crap with slightly different ingredients. FACT BABY BOY. The other fact is that true players get the sounds they want with what they have. They don't have to waste countless dollars on the latest tube/solid state modeling WTF ever abortion piece of {censored} to come along to get their sound. Any honest player worth a {censored} will tell you so. It's pretty damned simple...mind-eye-ear-hands. It doesn't make a {censored} if the chain starts with the knobs on the amp/guitar WTF ever. And...you are the dumb{censored} if you have not figured that out yet. And yes Rocco is just another thief in the food chain. Sure there are others. But the smart ones established patents for unique designs that had enough difference only in regard to some very different amalgams of yet the same basics. Do a little research when you finish your grade school homework if you care to. The like of your kind fuel 99% of the market for bull{censored} out there that gets sold in G.C.'s around the country (the Walmarts of music). They laugh at folks like you behind your back and on their way to the bank with the money you piss away because you don't have a clue. Learn how to play your guitar and your amp and you will find you only need one or two of each. Spend your time doing just that and you won't have the time to worry or even think about the bull{censored} that starts retarded threads like this one.

Archived