hagar confirms VH is in RNRHOF

evhfan

• Members

Hagar: "Management says we're in Hall of Fame"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in today's Plain Dealer...

"management told me the other day we got in," Hagar said.

Hagar also says (in reference to the current VH sitch): "I really have no idea - ppphhhttt - what's going on. Michael and I are friends, which is why he isn't in the band any more."

• Members

Originally posted by evhfan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hagar also says (in reference to the current VH sitch): "I really have no idea - ppphhhttt - what's going on. Michael and I are friends, which is why he isn't in the band any more."

What's this "we" {censored}? LOL

Anyway, this could top the CCR induction in terms of tension and bitterness.

• Members

Originally posted by PlayboyChris

yeah i didn't post the whole article but hagar pretty much says that it has the potential to be a disaster of epic proportions...i agree....

• Members

What went on at the CCR induction? Bitterness between J. Fogerty & the others, or was there more?

-Attila

• Members

Originally posted by t-rave

the Hagar smear campaign against a Roth reunion has not surprisingly already started..

you'll see the ched rocker open his trap more and more now that it is obvious he is out for good:thu:

yeah hagar's out for good, but a DLR reunion is nowhere near a sure thing.

• Members

Originally posted by Attila

What went on at the CCR induction? Bitterness between J. Fogerty & the others, or was there more?

-Attila

The bitterness was more than enough.

Fogerty took the stage to do a CCR set with a bunch of celebrity hired gun types while Stu Cook and Doug Clifford, who I think expected to be invited up to play, watched from the audience. They walked out mid-performance.

• Members

The bitterness was more than enough.

Fogerty took the stage to do a CCR set with a bunch of celebrity hired gun types while Stu Cook and Doug Clifford, who I think expected to be invited up to play, watched from the audience. They walked out mid-performance.

i could see this happening with halen....ed/al/wolfie take the stage while they wait for val to give birth to singer #4....

• Members

I saw Debbie harry tell a couple original members of Blondie not to play with them..they asked infront of the crowd and she said "nope"

so uncomfortable...

but then again the two guys that wanted to play with her were suing her....

yup, i rememebr that...that was SO painful to watch....

• Members

the Police reunion was cool...

that is one band that could probobly do one last MASSIVE arena send off... and there music is mature enough that there not gonna look foolish playing it in there 50's/60's...

i'd be right there for a police reunion...but i thought their performance at the induction ceremony was really bad...i don't think andy's guitar was in tune....

• Members

the performance did sound like ther rehearsed for a couple hours but put a few shows under there belt and they would sound great.. those guys never really burnt themselves out with substances and Sting still takes care of himself... a tour would be a no brainer...even though Andy is like 64!!!!

• Members

Big deal, I was in the RNRHOF like a week ago. :rolleyes::D

Lotsa people walking around, drinking caffe lattes and looking at ROCK.:o

• Members

yeah..same as sam..and he doesnt even have to look like an old tool singing such classics as Mas Tequila, Poundcake, Dick In THe Dirt, etc. etc. etc.

That Hagar is a true poet I tell you!!!

Feh. Stop slammin' Slammy. I don't care for his Van Hagar stuff but his solo and Montrose stuff is classic.

• Members

the band's getting inducted for it's catalog so hagar's going to be there as well as DLR (not sure on gary...doubt it)

Admittedly, Hagar era VH did pretty well saleswise ( and I was a fan) but lets be honest , DLR with VH is what got the ball rolling and kept it that way for what? 5 1/2 great albums? I give Sammy props for stepping up but IF it were to come down to a choice, DLR era VH is the only clear choice IMO...

If Eddie hadnt turned into a parody of his former self, this reunion coming up would be the biggest selling event of its kind IMO...

Archived