Great punk/rock/poppunk something artist that gets no talk

JBecker

• Members

The Lawrence Arms. Infectiously catchy, brilliant lyrics. Anyone else really into these guys? I just found out about hte 2005 release of their B sides which I think was a fantastic move as many of those songs are my favorites of theirs. I've been listening to them for years but no one else I know is into them.

• Members

I've been listening to pretty much every band mentioned in this thread lately. I've really been digging on Thrice, especially "Stare at the Sun" from "The Artist in the Ambulance". The bass riff in that is super catchy and well, they just rock out hard.

Strung Out are one band that should get LOTS more coverage than they do - they're both pretty good guitarists in that band.

But, for catchy, i like Misfits - Famous Monsters album. All old TV show theme tunes put into punk songs. Great stuff.

• Members

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-3218732440218565641&q=grade+reunion

If any of you remember Grade, they did a reunion show in July of last year in Toronto. Check out this version of "The Inefficiency of Emotion", which is the last song of the night. Holy crap, the interlude and then the final part of the song is the reason why i love these guys.

• Members

Strung Out

Mu330(Just did a tour with Dan Potthast, the singer, for some of his acoustic solo stuff which is brilliant. We played an mu330 song and he sang it with us on the last night. This is in my other band, Playground Heroes, which is punk/ska type stuff)

Fishbone

Suicidal Tendencies

• Members

Check The Falcon ... a side-project from Brenden Kelly and Neil Hennesy from The Lawrence Arms

Also check The Loved Ones great pop-punk-band on Fat

Also Check Quebec city Fifth Hour Hero. Great Gainesville-inspired punk rock featuring dual male female vocal . They are on No Idea Records

• Members

I was posting the thread to talk about The Lawrence Arms (or are they just Lawrence Arms now... I feel like they've gone under both) but it's nice to see some bands I haven't really listened to in 5-6 years mentioned.

Only some of this stuff can I continue to listen to, The Lawrence Arms is definitely one of those groups.

• Members

Yeah Ihear ya, the really simplistic skate punk stuff has had it's time in my life. I still love it but I listen to it to think back on old times.

I really like a lot more technicality now, which I find in lots of the bands I listen to now and have listed earlier.

• Members

Originally posted by Ballfuzz

Yeah Ihear ya, the really simplistic skate punk stuff has had it's time in my life. I still love it but I listen to it to think back on old times.

I really like a lot more technicality now, which I find in lots of the bands I listen to now and have listed earlier.

Took me from 12-15 or so and made me want to pick up guitar. I wouldn't even say I've gone to things that are more technical though. Sure, a lot of the times what I listen ot is more technical now, but much of it is simple straight up rock still (the kind of stuff I was into before I was 12). I just don't feed off of straight energy all the time anymore-- dynamics is the name of the game that most of these bands don't play. Which is fine, it's just part of why I've lost the taste for it (this isn't true for bands like Thrice, but is for bands like say, The Movielife, though I still love This Time Next Year and Walking on Glass).

Anyway, music always has it's place. I can't wait to see what whacked out {censored} I listen to in another ten years.

Archived