iPhone-- who wants one?

JBecker

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by Fl00

they just announced it: 5 hours 5 hours of battery life for video-related functions isn't exactly my idea of a 'good product'. :/

also: price just announced:

8GB model - $599

4GB model - $499

ahahaha there's no way i'm ever buying one

Um, my chocolate only has 31/2 hours, with about 6 hours of playtime. The iphone has 16 of playback.

remember, most of the time your phone is idle, any phone can stay "on" for days if you don't use it.

the price point looks really competitive. I'm getting one.

-W

• Members

Originally posted by Fl00

they just announced it

also: price just announced

URL for all of these announcements, please.

What I REALLY want is an 80GB HD Sony PSP with TV Out. That would p3wn the iPOD. I just want my phone to be a phone. The PSP already has 802.11b and headset capability, though, so theoretically it could be a VoiP machine in a pinch.

Unfortunately, Satan runs Sony.

• Members
Originally posted by Elric

URL for all of these announcements, please.

What I REALLY want is an 80GB HD Sony PSP with TV Out. That would p3wn the iPOD. I just want my phone to be a phone. The PSP already has 802.11b and headset capability, though, so theoretically it could be a VoiP machine in a pinch.

Unfortunately, Satan runs Sony.

http://www.macrumorslive.com/

Either that site, or pretty much any site that has a life feed from the MacWorld conference.

Unfortunately, you'd get like 3 hours out of that PSP. ;)

• Members
Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

499 for 4gbs, 599 for 8gbs.

And it's out in June. Sold in Cingular stores and Apple stores. Cingular helped with the visual voicemail.

In two years it will cost like 80 bucks. The Razor was like $500 when that piece of {censored} came out.

What a {censored}ty phone. Im on my 3rd Razor btw. :D

• Members
Originally posted by telephant

In two years it will cost like 80 bucks. The Razor was like $500 when that piece of {censored} came out.

What a {censored}ty phone. Im on my 3rd Razor btw.
:D

I haven't been a huge fan of Razrs just because I don't like Motorola's interface and the thin flip thing always makes me feel like I'm going to snap it. The prices on this sucker will drop as screen prices and flash memory drops. I wish we could make sweet, cheap OLED screens already. It has been on the horizon for a few years now...

I wonder how they're gonna deal with the nasty finger grease that's going to get all over that nice screen.

• Members

Originally posted by AtarisPunk29

I wonder how they're gonna deal with the nasty finger grease that's going to get all over that nice screen.

Sell you a 40oz, $15 bottle of polish and claim that it doesn't scratch easily at all? Wait for rev2 so you get the bundled carrying case ;-)

• Members

Originally posted by Duesentrieb

So anybody doubts that Apple is still The Innovator? This thing will be the {censored}.

I don't find them to be an innovator. They're great at marketing and the iPhone is no more than several other products slapped together in the same package.

My opinion of the iPhone? Well, I don't need one either way. I wouldn't even have a cell phone if I could help it.

• Members

Originally posted by buntaluffigus

I don't find them to be an innovator. They're great at marketing and the iPhone is no more than several other products slapped together in the same package.

My opinion of the iPhone? Well, I don't need one either way. I wouldn't even have a cell phone if I could help it.

Apple started as the ultimate innovator with the Apple II. Did it again with the macintosh. The ipod is one hell of an innovation I'd say. The controls were another amazing innovation.

This thing seems to be in a league of its own. I don't know a phone or PDA that uses touch controls in this way. The fact that over 200 patents are pending for INVENTIONS in this iphone is enough proof that Apple is indeed THE innovator.

If this isn't innovation, I don't know what is.

• Members

Originally posted by Gaindrain

Apple started as the ultimate innovator with the Apple II. Did it again with the macintosh. The ipod is one hell of an innovation I'd say. The controls were another amazing innovation.

This thing seems to be in a league of its own. I don't know a phone or PDA that uses touch controls in this way. The fact that over 200 patents are pending for INVENTIONS in this iphone is enough proof that Apple is indeed THE innovator.

If this isn't innovation, I don't know what is.

And you're the kind of person that will buy one of these.

• Members

hahah...UHhhh...NO.

it's not "just several products SLAPPED together."

the device has over 200 new patents incorporated at a price that's still competitive with a regular iPod, let alone the 2 year service contract included.

Mac innovates.

• Members

That is your opinion. Thanks for sharing.

hahah..okay.

what else is out there that competes with this?

the fuggin Microsoft Zune? wait, that thing's just TWO products "slapped together."

LOL!

• Members

And you're the kind of person that will buy one of these.

That's beside the point. And there's no way in hell I'll be buying one of those. Don't need it, and too expensive. But your claim about it not being innovating is simply untrue.

I'm sensing you have a problem with apple.

• Members

Nothing I have said has to do with competition with the iPhone. You better grasp at some more straws, buddy.

no, you should probably just pay attention to what's being said.

there's no question that this new product is innovative.

you can bark about marketing all you want.

Archived