OT: Public request for Echoes

rememberduane

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can I point out how {censored}ing hilarious it is for a literalist/fundamentalist not to know how to read Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic?

You can, but it might not make any sense. Someone able to read all three languages isn't likely to be a literalist.

• Members
This thread and every other one that argues for and/or against the existence of God, Christianity or any other religion is pointless. Duane,....Echoes believes what he believes. It's in his heart and it doesn't matter what you say, do, or what proof you may have, he's not going to change his belief. So give it a {censored}ing rest already -- here's an idea.
:idea:
Shut your clam-hole and go play one of your guitars through one of your amps.

Jeeez,...

I second this motion. Duane, you are way too obsessed with forumites on here who believe in God.

• Members
I second this motion. Duane, you are way too obsessed with forumites on here who believe in God.

Because obviously believing in God means you say {censored} like "Christians invented science" and that giving science to those who do not believe is akin to dropping a grenade on a baby.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Not only does the use of pronouns make that incomprehensible, but you are unable to read the original text, so what do you think gives you the ability to quote {censored} you don't understand? That is someone else's linguistic interpretation.

(note to self:..."all Christians must be able to read the original text to understand the bible")....I didn't know this was a rule...sorry:rolleyes:

Also: Did CHRIST ever say he was "God"? No. Aren't you a CHRISTIAN?

do you really want me to post a LIST of scripture depicting Jesus as GOD...the Alpha and Omega etc...?

If I felt for a nanosecond that your heart was honest I would spend the time with you. You have a very ugly soul and disposition about you. You seem angry and bitter. I hope someone is able to help you. God knows it isn't me:(

• Members

(note to self:..."all Christians must be able to read the original text to understand the bible")....I didn't know this was a rule...sorry:rolleyes:

do you really want me to post a LIST of scripture depicting Jesus as GOD...the Alpha and Omega etc...?

If I felt for a nanosecond that your heart was honest I would spend the time with you. You have a very ugly soul and disposition about you. You seem angry and bitter. I hope someone is able to help you. God knows it isn't me:(

You didn't answer my question: Did JESUS ever say that he was "God"?

The answer is no. Instead of admitting your mistake, you lash out. Pathetic.

And yes, for someone to try to *literally* interpret something as you try to do (poorly), he/she should be able to interpret it in its original form, not someone else's interpretation upon which you place your own.

• Members
Col 1:15-20

Christ (Jesus) is the visible image of the invisible God.

He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,

for through him God created everything

in the heavenly realms and on earth.

He made the things we can see

and the things we can

• Members

These threads are getting sickening...
For the last {censored}ing time you morons...
There is NO GOD...
There is NO JESUS...

You nimrods are arguing about a {censored}ing fantasy story conjured up by a bunch of drunkards....
Get a grip, maybe a hobby, but please get back into reality...
I swear, I am going to start the church of Bugs Bunny...Same {censored}:freak: :freak: :freak:

• Members
The battle belongs to the LORD, do your worse...
;)

His worst has already been done, and by His, I mean your LORD's. You're a pathetic middle-aged man with nothing better to do than believe in fantasies and try to proselytize at a 19-year-old who knows far more about the world than you ever will -- which terrifies you.

• Members

Oh my God, are you lumping in all Christians with political, lobbyists Christians, I can't stand all that crap and you shouldn't lump us all together.

I don't think I am. I'm talking about the evangelical Christian bunch who are hell bent on changing American culture and politics, and I think I made that pretty clear.

• Members

His worst has already been done, and by His, I mean your LORD's. You're a pathetic middle-aged man with nothing better to do than believe in fantasies and try to proselytize at a 19-year-old who knows far more about the world than you ever will -- which terrifies you.

Wow. You guys really need to lighten up a little.

• Members
You didn't answer my question: Did JESUS ever say that he was "God"?

The answer is no. Instead of admitting your mistake, you lash out. Pathetic.

And yes, for someone to try to *literally* interpret something as you try to do (poorly), he/she should be able to interpret it in its original form, not someone else's interpretation upon which you place your own.

actually, it is the New Living Translation...a very good and well accepted one.

Rev 22:12-16

"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star." (end quote)

Here ya go R-Duanne, in HIS (Jesus') own words:wave: (let me know if you need help "interpreting" it :thu:)

• Members

LOL...hahahahahaha...:thu: I'm quaking in my boots:eek: hahahaha...terrified! hahaha...very nice!:D:thu:

• Members

There is NO GOD...

There is NO JESUS...

With all due respect, imposing your non-faith like this is just as bad - IMO.

It doesn't even have to be religion. Imposing Liberal/Conservative views, musical taste, food... whatever.

E-

• Members

actually, it is the New Living Translation...a very good and well accepted one.

Rev 22:12-16

"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star." (end quote)

Here ya go R-Duanne, in HIS (Jesus') own words:wave:

He is speaking metaphorically, implying that he is God's embodiment on Earth, not that He, Jesus Christ, is in fact God, but that God is He. There is a huge difference. And your translation matters not, it's still a translation.

There is nowhere in the Bible that claims that the Messiah created anything, but rather that the Messiah is the representation of God on Earth. Claiming God is the deification of the Messiah is in fact rather heretical.

• Members

Oh my God, are you lumping in all Christians with political, lobbyists Christians, I can't stand all that crap and you shouldn't lump us all together.

I agree, I look at Jerry Falwell and such and just cringe...then laugh...though it's sad really:(

• Members

There is NO GOD...

There is NO JESUS...

You nimrods are arguing about a {censored}ing fantasy story conjured up by a bunch of drunkards....

Get a grip, maybe a hobby, but please get back into reality...

I swear, I am going to start the church of Bugs Bunny...Same {censored}:freak:
:freak:
:freak:

Dude, go {censored} yourself you gay ass butt-monkey fish-squirrel, go fist your grandma again... I'm sick of jerk-offs like you saying {censored} like that just to piss people off.

• Members

Dude, go {censored} yourself you gay ass butt-monkey fish-squirrel, go fist your grandma again... I'm sick of jerk-offs like you saying {censored} like that just to piss people off.

Not very Christian of you. And I'd like to see you prove that God is any different theologically than a unicorn or Bugs Bunny if I choose to worship either.

Archived