Korg Kronos 61 unboxing day photos

Gribs

• Members

I don't have the chops of someone like keybdwizrd and I also have no decent digital camcorder so I have no demos. I am working on learning my new Elektron gear by sequencing a combi on the Kronos using the Octatrack. Today I work on adding rhythm with the Machinedrum. It is nothing special but I am having fun and will post it on Elektron Users Forum, where people seem more into posting jams and experiments.

My other main synths are Q Phoenix, Blofeld, Voyager, and a Eurorack modular. We also have an RD700gx that I bought for piano practice in my office and/or with headphones after my little kids are in bed. My M3M an Ion are both on EBay now.

• Members

The shirts and hat were a promo through Novamusik. If it is any consolation, both are too small. I have a size 8.5 head, so most standard hats do not fit me. Neither do the largest sizes carried by most stores and online shops. Happily, I found Tilley Hats.

• Members

Can I hijack, err, flag down, this most recent Kronos thread and ask a technical question?... I'm looking to augment my Fusion setup, and was wondering a couple things on the Kronos' sequencing front...

1) How is the drum machine section? Quick and easy to set up a beat? Easy enough to take drum sheet music and laboriously enter drum parts note by note?

2) How is the audio looping portion as far as time/pitch stretching are concerned? Can you save an audio loop at whatever frequency, then recall it later as an independent part to be used as a part in a different song, freely adjusting the BPM and/or the pitch in order to fit the new context?

3) Is the sequencing just "fun and intuitive"?

Thanks for the diversion. Carry on, Gribs. Use that engineering mental muscle and make some music. No need to publish, just enjoy!

Archived