OT: What's your level of education?

rememberduane

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AS some of you know I've been clean and sober awhile through the help of AA, we have a saying in AA that goes something like this:

"I've never met a man that was too dumb to get sober, but I've known plenty who have been too smart"

Knowledge without humility, virtue, and charity is an ugly thing

Peace
Bob

• Members
Ok...let me spell it out. If you view the poll results, you can see who voted for each choice. This was not possible before the forum upgrade. I can look at who voted for what and I know for a fact that some of them are full of it. Got it?

i figured that out- but thanks for "splelling it out for me".....:rolleyes:

now- how do you know some people are lying?

• Members

lol-- i dont know what that guys' deal is man... i guess he thinks i'm stupid and worthless and need to learn more...lol:D

"Izreal."

Not to mention your comments on the middle east.

It's cool though man, but if you choose to stay ignorant don't blame your parents.

I said in the post I didn't want to be patronizing, just a suggestion. I know personally that I always try to learn when given the opportunity. Long truck drives would be a great opportunity for that.

Oh well man, it's not my problem. I just think it's a serious cop-out to blame your parents when you actively shun learning.

Take care anyway -- you have real world experience, like in the navy, that I may never have, and I respect you for that.

Edit: I think we ALL need to learn more, not just you. I know I sure as hell need to learn a lot more. I just can't comprehend why someone would actively shun learning, that's all. Please don't put words in my mouth, I didn't say you were worthless by any means.

• Members

AS some of you know I've been clean and sober awhile through the help of AA, we have a saying in AA that goes something like this:

"I've never met a man that was too dumb to get sober, but I've known plenty who have been too smart"

Knowledge without humility, virtue, and charity is an ugly thing

Peace

Bob

You check out anything I said in the evolution thread? I hope you're not pulling an Echoes and ignoring the things that prove you wrong. I think you're a better man than that Bob.

Glad to hear you're clean man, that right there is something I can respect you for.

You're a good guy, I hope you can stay clean. Take care.

Archived