Recommend a 4x12 for my VH4!!

bleedblack

• Members

Any suggestions on a 4x12 cab to pair up with my Diezel VH4. Im doin an AC/DC covers band at present, and my VHT cab aint upto the job. Its a great cab but, too much sub and top and not enough low mids. Also I have an old 70's marshall angled cab, that has two g12-75's and two g12-80(lead80) drivers in it. This sounds a lot better, but I am not totaly convinced.

Anybody got a vh4, what cab do you use?

thanks.

• Members

kind of offtopic.. but I know Angus uses Marshalls for the most part..

but what kind of amp is behind him in this picture?

angus.jpg

Is that the bass player's SVT? Hard to tell but it looks like either Ampeg or Traynor to me...

• Members

I use a VHT cab with my Herbert and it's a great match.

Dont you find that its a bit hi-fi, a bit sterile? I just came back from a practice and I think the marshall cab has a bit more low mid grunt. The vht is a great cab for metal i think, plenty of lows and highs but missin something in the middle...........maybe its just me?

• Members
Thats not the right amp for your band
:o

Sell it to me
:o

Please
:cry:

You know...I was thinkin of sellin cause I fancied one of those new modern vintage marshall heads.........until I tried one :(

Dont know what your slash head is like, but nearly all the marshall's Ive tried sound far too harsh and raspy/buzzy, its a real gritty overdrive. I want SO MUCH to like a marshall, god knows, nearly all the players I favour use one ....but.....just does nowt for me!!!

• Members
You know...I was thinkin of sellin cause I fancied one of those new modern vintage marshall heads.........until I tried one
:(

Dont know what your slash head is like, but nearly all the marshall's Ive tried sound far too harsh and raspy/buzzy, its a real gritty overdrive. I want SO MUCH to like a marshall, god knows, nearly all the players I favour use one ....but.....just does nowt for me!!!

Hmm yeah, the key to getting a marshall head to sound good is by not playing it through a marshall cab! My marshall amp sounds AMAZING, I actually love it so much, its a really nice gritty chunky overdrive with GREAT saturation, its really gorgeous, the best clip of it is here..

You can hear at the start how it sounds. Although they are harsh through marshall cabs, I use mine through my Orange cab :)

If you wanna swap the VH4 for my mesa, PM me, its rare and shiney :love:

Archived