Clip: Digging the lead tone of my Rockmaster

Lucius

• Members

Took me 1/2 hour to come up with this not so fluid lead (in the first 50 secs of the tune). What do think of the tone? It sounds good at my studio and good in the car but when I put it on computer speakers it just didn't have the sparkle. Take a listen and give me some advice.

How do you folks with the really good clips get it to sound good in most situations (different listeners speakers?)

Cheers, Lucius

PS: The song was some random ideas that our band just came up with.

http://www.nomotherspride.com/MP3/fjoe-unamed.mp3

• Members

I actually think I have an account there. Haven't logged on in a year or so thow. Don't remember my user name either. I just start a new account. Cheers, LUcius

PS: Listen to my clip or I'll cyber sweep kick you all individually!

• Members

That sounds great...I really dig my rockmaster for leads as well. Rhythm sounds on the other hand leave me lacking sometimes. I think I am going to have my ADA modded to have a different rhythm sound available and leave my peavey setup for that smooth liquid sound.

• Members

That sounds great...I really dig my rockmaster for leads as well. Rhythm sounds on the other hand leave me lacking sometimes. I think I am going to have my ADA modded to have a different rhythm sound available and leave my peavey setup for that smooth liquid sound.

I have the MP-1 (in the process of doing the noise mod to it) as well. It is a great sounding preamp. Once I am done with the mod I'll be mixing the two preamps in. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

I have the MP-1 (in the process of doing the noise mod to it) as well. It is a great sounding preamp. Once I am done with the mod I'll be mixing the two preamps in. Cheers, Lucius

I will probably do the mod 3.666 and noise mod on my ADA especially since my mesa v-twin has given up the ghost and I miss that mesa sound. I mixed my ADA MP1 and Rockmaster for a while and it sounded great. I set my MP1 for lower gain mid crunch sound and my rockmaster more scooped and it sounded massive together.

• Members

I'm digging it

do you have any heavy rhythm rockmaster clips?

also, the fundamental tone of the bass is kinda high in the mix

I do somewhere, but I can't seem to find them. When ever I mix the bass it is either too much or too little. I never seem to get it right lol. Cheers, Lucius

PS: Bump for the night crew.

• Members

THe rockmaster is fickle. You spend lot of time tweaking it, at least compared to my 5150...

It has a really dry, clear, tight rhythm tone. It always reminded me of Nevermore's tone on The Politics of Ecstasy. Sounds good, but the saturation just isn't there.

• Members

THe rockmaster is fickle. You spend lot of time tweaking it, at least compared to my 5150...

It has a really dry, clear, tight rhythm tone. It always reminded me of Nevermore's tone on The Politics of Ecstasy. Sounds good, but the saturation just isn't there.

I agree 100% on the lack of saturation. Even with a boost or the built in boost there just isn't enough saturation. Thats the main reason I want to get my ADA modded.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Cool. I have both preamps as well. Have you ever tried using a boost like the Bad Monkey with either?

Archived