An Open Call For The First Annual CMG Music Compilation!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

on the official comp, you can be listed anyway you want: artist, band name whatever. the track can also be one you've had sitting around or made new. it's up to you as long as it fits the theme.

forum names are / were only for holding slots. speaking of, I can bow out of the way if someone else really wants on. I run the blog, but I want the focus to be on the community.

hows every one doing?

• Members

Metro: I hope you don't bow out. You got this thing rolling and you, above everyone else, deserve to be on it.

The song that I'm hearing in my mind is in perfect shape. It's incredible! But the song in my DAW is still in a shabby state. I've recorded a handful of great-sounding (at least to me) snippets. I need to weave them together into a cohesive song. My biggest challenge is going to be the creation of a swimming, shimmering wall of effects for some of the sounds. That's a bit beyond my capabilities right now. I've got some stretching to do.

• Members

reverb chains and some times, if you can, setting a couple of serial filters with different modulation rates can help on the other side of the reverbs. Stupid gearslutz doesn't understand that insert reverb and effects is actually good for ambient music grumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumble :lol:

anyway .. i'm just saying, it would hurt me more to have someone be left out. :)

and it's also partly because i'm wanting to go in a cheeserific direction and I don't want to appear silly next to someone that's going to pull out some awesome stadium anthem.

but actually, from what i've heard so far, I can assume all skill levels will be represented, which is what I want :)

• Members

forum names are / were only for holding slots. speaking of, I can bow out of the way if someone else really wants on.

I was actually thinking of making the same offer. I realize you want all skill levels represented, but I really don't think I've got anything that's ready for prime time, and I doubt that I will by the end of the month.

• Members

My track is in the works and has some guitar mixed in for now. Without the guitars it sounds old school electronic and with them it rocks so... ...i'm not sure what to do with the mix yet. One thing for sure is a little Line 6 combo recorded with a Royer 121 sounds huge. I used a small combo instead of a head/cab setup for a smaller sound but, the Royer has such a big midrange the tracks still came out big.

:thu: :thu:

:love:

• Members
My track is in the works and has some guitar mixed in for now. Without the guitars it sounds old school electronic and with them it rocks so...

Leave 'em in. I think a few '80s songs had guitar in them. :lol:

Mine has guitar in it, but it's looking like it's going to take a flippen miracle for me to find time to finish it...

Un-fun busy summer; I haz it.

:cry:

• Members

guitars are fine and please everyone, don't over think this!

this is for fun and it's not meant to be a beauty pageant. :cool: so stick with it!

Rooftree

Metro: I hope you don't bow out. You got this thing rolling and you, above everyone else, deserve to be on it.

thanks! i'm also worried about trying to get this all uploaded to sound cloud and the nightmare that will be.. :lol::lol::facepalm:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived