How many guitar solos on the new Machine Head disc?

BAZGUITARMAN

• Members

My God this disc kicks ass. I think there is more stand out guitar work than all their other cd`s combined. I know there are more guitar solos and harmony work.

How many solos? I tried to count, but quit after I got to 400 solos by the second song. :freak:

This is the way metal should be. A lot of modern metal bands should take notice. Killer musicianship, catchy writing, brutal tone, awesome vocals and stellar production. The whole package.

This is the type of disc that makes me proud to be a metal head and musician. :thu:

Eric

• Members

ive never heard these guys but im going to see them with megadeth and HEAVEN AND HELL on wednesday. I hope they are as good as you say they are.

Oh my GOD! :eek:

Go buy one of MH's albums so you will know a few of their songs before you go to the show! MH :rawk:

They kick major ass! Go buy one or two of thier disc's, any of them.

Great thread BAZGUITARMAN. I'm going to buy this new album ASAP.

• Members

My God this disc kicks ass. I think there is more stand out guitar work than all their other cd`s combined. I know there are more guitar solos and harmony work.

How many solos? I tried to count, but quit after I got to 400 solos by the second song.
:freak:

This is the way metal should be. A lot of modern metal bands should take notice. Killer musicianship, catchy writing, brutal tone, awesome vocals and stellar production. The whole package.

This is the type of disc that makes me proud to be a metal head and musician.
:thu:

Eric

Aww.

• Members

before buying
The Blackening
, check this thread...

I agree, great CD...

I love the current trend among musical types to second guess everything they hear on a cd. C`mon, this is a well known issue among musicians. The cd`s are pushed harder and harder for more volume. I bet 90% of the cd`s I`ve bought in the last two years have some clipping on them. It`s really obvious if you know what to listen for.

Truth is, I don`t think it`s such an issue on the new MH disc. I`ve got it on cd and MP3 and it`s not as bad as those guys are letting on.

It is a crappy trend though. One that I don`t like at all. But I know something those guys don`t know. No body cares what my opinion is. Those guys would be better off if they knew the same thing.

The new cd kicks ass, and the mastering issue does not subtract in any way from the effort Rob and the guys put into the album.

Eric

• Members

i checked out the new cd. brutal tones, cool effect use, and nice sounding vocals even tho the lyrics didnt do anything for me. i think these guys will rock wednesday night, probably even more than megadeth. anyone interested if i post a review of the show? ill be taking a camera so ill have pics? lemme know so i dont waste time with a thread no1 reads haha.

• Members

First album from these guys that I REALLY enjoy. Something weird about the guitar sound though. The pick attacks seem to be over pronounced. There is a large amount of scraping (can't think of another word for it) coming through on the fast musted parts. Sick album though.

• Members

Just got back from the show. It was TIGHT! Machine Head only played 4 songs, which bummed me out. However they were 4 BRUTAL songs. Sounded great. Megadeth was really, really good. Dave looked healthy(and pissed off as usual.) They really through it down. His Line6 rig sounded amazing. I wasn't expecting to sound as good as it did. Black Sabbath was really good(like that is even doubtable!). Tony's tone is SO damn awesome. Somebody threw a cup of beer at Dio and he got pissed off and went off at the guy over the mic. It was pretty hilarious. What an awesome damn weekend!

• Members

First album from these guys that I REALLY enjoy. Something weird about the guitar sound though. The pick attacks seem to be over pronounced. There is a large amount of scraping (can't think of another word for it) coming through on the fast musted parts. Sick album though.

I noticed that myself. I think it`s part of Rob`s playing style, but this new disc has a little more presence on top and it sticks out a little more. I think he actually uses it as a rhythm technique for dynamics.

Eric

Archived